Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

Crank info

Joe Jeter
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 03/21/14 06:58 AM

I bought a crank the other day for $75 because I knew it was a good deal. But, I have no clue who makes it and was hoping someone out there could help. On the front of the first counter it it marked L 200305-006 with a faint marking on the right side, CIC 383-C-F or E on the side of the first counter, and LS forged in the rear counter on the side. It has polished journals and chamfered oil holes. It rings like a tuning fork when you tap it. There are no casting lines on this thing either. I know I got a good deal, but I don't know who made it and was wanting to know. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I want to buy rods and pistons and get the assy. balanced but I want to know what to name this dude!  

shyrgfuh3
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/21/14 01:51 PM

it is not a factory chev crank. it is likely a cast iron chinese crank. scat and eagle are the most common. the 383 is probably for 383 stroker crank.  

Joe Jeter
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 03/26/14 07:50 PM

It's not a cast crank. I can look at the tooling marks on the tail flange and the sound it makes when struck tell's off on it. I'm taking it to my machinist with my rods,pistons,balancer,and flexplate to have it balanced pretty soon. I'm hoping one of the guys there will recognize that marking. I know it's a stroker crank because of the counters being turned down. I really want to be sure it is external balance before I buy stuff.  

Dave632
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 03/28/14 04:52 PM

Bringing it to your machinist is a good idea. He will be able to tell you the
stroke and if there are any cracks in it, and condition of the journals. He may be able to internally balance it with heavy metal.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

TO TOP