Item Posts    Sort Order

1966 Chevelle SS

rons57chev
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/26/14 07:54 AM

Shyrgfuh,
sorry about the L-78 engine code ! I think I got that from an answer to one of my question I didn't remember the engine code.I apologize if I caused any hard feelings. Maybe I should just stick with the type of cars I know more about. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me.

ronnie  

shyrgfuh70
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 01/26/14 08:13 AM

hey no prob.

you can learn lots if stuff by doing google search too.

were all happy to have you here.

you will not learn if ya don't ask questions i can assure you.

i understand that if someone is unsure about something that its easy to believe info supplied by another that is inaccurate. you have no easy way of knowing. i suggest that you simply get more than 1 answer that matches.

how could you know that i was right. i am happy to post the proof that i am so you can be confident in my answer.

those that make outrageous claims with no proof, well...

i have found that even if something seems plausible but unlikely it never happened.

just keep in mind, these are mfg's that do not want to get sued so they won't do anything totally nuts.

another interesting think about the 425 hp agreement.

all the mfg's strangely had engines with EXACTLY 425 hp that year and no more.

do we really believe a 426 hemi only had 425 hp, yeah right, lol.  

tuffnuff
Posted: 01/26/14 09:18 AM

Ronnie, don't leave just yet.,. others might chime in with info on that BB option.
In 1968, I had a 67 Camaro with the L-88 BB 427.,. the local dealer would bring a full size plain Jane in with an L-88 and transplant the Camaro's low end 396.
I raced in A/MP (A Modified Production) and A/FX (Factory Experimental) running a 10.90 @ 130 MPH at 3500 feet above sea level.,. given an altitude factor, it would have placed me in the low 10's.
It's quite possible that the FX you're referring to is the class the car raced in.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

rons57chev
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/26/14 03:32 PM

Thanks guys,

I think I will stick around a while even if it's just to read all the threads that y'all have on this forum.I know that I can learn a lot.
Wow tuffnuff I could only imagine driving a car that fast.

Thanks agin
Ronnie  

joe-
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 01/26/14 05:17 PM

i found very little info surfing around, but perhaps these links can further the discussion?

heres one on an experimental 396, but not for a chevelle.  
http://www.holisticpage.com/camaro/camaros/98168.htm

some guy selling an "experimental" exhaust manifold on e-bay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Block-Chevy-Exhaust-Manifold-64-Experimental-427-/390011882650

i'm too young to have any useful info, lol. Grin  
joe-

shyrgfuh70
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 01/27/14 01:03 AM

hey cool post joe.

i had a factory experimental aluminum big block intake with smokey yunick stamped on it. very cool.

if you go to carlisle swap you can see tons of holman moody stuff. lots of nascar stuff at the north carolina annual swap too.  

TO TOP