Item Posts    Sort Order

exhaust hangers.

lit549
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 08/07/14 05:46 PM

I'm needing some advice on exhaust..I've been chasing a vibration and I'm pretty sure it's my exhaust.It's 2.25 pipe , duals, with 40 ser flowmasters..I also added a h-pipe.What are the best rubber hangers I can use and where should I place them.Right now there's just two hangers(one each side) towards the rear.I watched the exhaust while engine was running and it's moves alot..Should I add 2 more hangers on each pipe? Vibration is at 45 and is oscillation in and out but usually when just cruising half off the throttle, doesn't do it wit power applied..Any advice?? Thanks  

coachramos1
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 08/11/14 06:39 AM

my exhaust used to jump around and would knock against the crossmember when on the throttle hard. replaced the strap type hangers with solid rod hangers and now its locked in place perfectly. I have 2 hangers per side. 1st one is attached at the stock location on the cross support just above and in front of the rear axle. 2nd is on the frame rail at the rear of the car. I picked my hangers up at the local custom muffler shop, but they look like the ones at this link.

67 el camino
350ci, 2.5" pipes w/ H pipe and long glass packs.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pye-tphv6/overview/  

TO TOP