Item Posts    Sort Order

Shift Kit Issues

coachramos1
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 08/06/14 09:27 PM

I had installed a B&M shift kit in my th350 and am having some major issues with the cars "new" performance. From a rolling start if I get on it the kit performs just as I would expect. Great tire chirping shifts into second and third. BUT if I get on it hard from a complete stop it seems to shift right into second and has a sluggish start until the rpm's get higher. Also when I am already rolling down the road at 50-65mph it no longer downshifts correctly. It will momentarily downshift to second and then shifts right back up making the top end of the car now much slower than it used to be a hwy beast. If I slam on the gas at lower speeds it is rev'ing way up to the point where I am scared to even keep in it and see if its caught first gear. I had this kit installed with the intentions of firming up those lower gear shifts but am now worried something was installed wrong. All advice and suggestions welcome.  

coachramos1
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 08/11/14 07:26 AM

Update.  The shop removed and reinstalled the kit along with making some other adjustments. Still the transmission would not shift right. Pulled the B&M kit out and returned the unit to all stock parts and now it works just fine again. Faulty B&M shift kit. Will not be trying to install another.  

TO TOP