My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 04/02/14 05:27 PM

i agree,...its sounds great. Cool  
joe-

Dave632
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 04/02/14 05:47 PM

Not a bad pass like Tuff said.
I remember how long it took to get to those time when I started. It was a long road to get down to where the Beretta was.
Hey Tuff do you still have that tough looking cat?  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

tuffnuff
Posted: 04/03/14 02:41 AM

Yep, Penny is still doing fine.,. with an attitude.,. chuckles

Thumbup

Mypennywithattitude
Mymonkeypenny

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

Dave632
Posted: 04/03/14 07:05 AM

Glad to hear she is still doing fine, still looks tough.
Looks like you are a little slow in getting
her food ready and she is about to let you know about it. Grin  

daleracerx
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 04/03/14 08:13 PM

Thanks for the comments...Thing is if you look closely at the vid the car did not react off the last amber..Me sleeping off the greeen the car did not move until the green light was fully lit...In bracket racing  R/T's you must be focused and cut good lights..If not you will be on the trailer in a hurry watching the rest of the event..

Yes sir Dave it took me some time to get where the car is running now...Many have no clue what it takes to kill some ET..Gotta have the combo right and the knowledge to fine tune...I am still learning the fine tune part about it..Every little bit cutting ET counts if you ask me....Some increase is better than none..I call it climbing up the mountain...

Wow Tuff thats a mean looking cat...Whats the plans on the Trans
in the backround? I always loved that body style in PRO Street mode...  

Dave632
Posted: 04/05/14 04:46 PM

I have caught a few zzzzzs at the tree on occasion. I was generally better on the pro tree than on the bracket tree. I won only one bracket race in my racing days and that was with a pro tree style light where you dialed in your time.
I was able to cut a pro tree in the .420-.480 range most of the time.

Just to show a picture of my cat, Meatball, who is not as mean as Tuff's cat, but I have to feed him when he is hungry or else.

MVC 001S 4 Crazy  

joe-
Posted: 04/10/14 03:24 AM

i've been making slow but steady progress.   finished up the cage, painted it gloss black.   installed black roll bar padding and the racing seats.   all the interior pieces went back in easy except 2 little areas that i had to clearance with a dremel.   looks very clean and i've gotten a lot of compliments on the work.   i'll get some pics up soon.

i switched to an aluminum waterpump in the hopes of better cooling and loosing some weight.  flushed the block and radiator.   took off the flex fan.  i'm gonna try just using the dual electrics and see how she does.   might try a bottle of that water-wetter?   anybody tried it before?   does it work?

moved the battery to the rear in a sealed box.   added a battery disconnect switch that has a key to it.   might be a theft deterent?    bought some fine strand 2 gauge, welding cable for battery cables.  its coming out pretty nice.   i'll be installing a mini-starter today.   i'm trying to get as much weight off the front end as possible, and the battery in the back should help with traction.

i also changed the rear end fluid.  my posis been slipping.   so on a tip, i'm not going to use any posi fluid/slip addative.   its an auburn with the weak yellow springs.   if the fluid change doesnt help, i guess the next step would be to step up to stiffer springs?   or get a real rear, lol.  
joe-

daleracerx
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 04/11/14 10:09 PM

Meatball more like KILLER lol..I preff pro tree myself but thats another story Dave...

Joe seems that project is moving forward  good luck..I hope to see a vid or two of your car in action..I went with a spool just not to worry about springs or clutches on the diff..But then again my car is no longer a DD.. My car hits the streets twice a month to the track..

last night was TNT but I fence raced...left my car in the mancave just went out to spectate for a change...Once at the track I wished I made a few passes..Owell there will be another time...Was kinda warm out I new I would not beat my personal best.For some reason TNT nights nomore bracket racing..Only test and tune and grudge racing..I have pretty much a handle on my car ready to enter the brackets...Soon will make my debut at Fontana bracket racing..Just have to get a loop for my driveshaft to pass tech...Oh yea and some new Drag Radials...I want to go to that 1/4 mile track and have all set on kill to give 100%.  

daleracerx
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 04/11/14 10:50 PM

last night there was a guy at the track in a 69 Camaro with a ls engine air gap intake 750 dbl pump carb..He said it had a stock roller cam..He was running low 8.70's in the heat down to high 8.30's in the night air..It came to mind for my gen 1 sbc flat tappet cam in a 3600 pound car I am greatful to be running 8.20's.At times I sit and ponder that I think my combo should run better what to do to improve the performance...I think this mill is at its limit I need it to live a while..

I wanted to build another engine...I will but as of now that project is on the back burner not by choice...Wish me luck its gonna happen.When is the big question...  

joe-
Posted: 04/12/14 03:19 AM

what rear and size tires are you running Dale?   i'd put a spool in, but i want to keep my car streetable.   with the way the torque arm mounts on 3rd gen camaros, i'm kinda stuck using the factory rear unless i want to spend big bucks.   maybe i'll switch to an eaton one day if things dont improve?
 this pic is old, but gives you an idea of the problem.
MMS Resized Pix

i wish ya good luck for the racing season.   building a spare motor on the side isnt a bad idea.   its crossed my mind a few times.   sometimes a good deal can just find its way into the garage.  
joe-

daleracerx
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 04/13/14 07:19 AM

I am running a 28x10.5 l15 MT drag radial Joe..Its kinda hard to tell whats going on there not see the car actually launch..Or knowing what tire mark is on what side of the car.Ill take a shot at it...The torque is twisting the car adding more weight to oneside unloading a tire..

I am no pro at this but my op...If the clutches were going bad I dont see why the tire would slip then dig in as in the pic..Seems the tire mark wold get lighter through out the burnout or the tire would not even leave a mark because the tire would not be up to speed during the burnout.What I have noticed at the track when diff clutches are going..One tire will spin during the burnout the other tire spins a few roations then falls on its face while the other tire is in action powering out of the waterbox spining.Seen this many times from behind the wheel while the car in front of me was getting their burnout done..
Thanks and good luck to you Joe..  

daleracerx
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 04/13/14 07:27 AM

A spool takes a little to get use to on the street.Its not as bad as some say trust me..Just dont drive in the RAIN with a spool is the best advive I could give to anyone..  

Dave632
Posted: 04/13/14 02:20 PM

Just a little advice on driveshafts, make sure you have a good one, chrome moly at least. My son bought a piece of junk driveshaft at a place called 301 driveshaft in Fla.
It came apart at 100+ at the track. He had a driveshaft loop and it broke it. The pieces of the driveshaft took out one of his tires but he had time to slow down and stop. A friend of his bought one from the same jerks and it came thru his floor as he had no driveshaft loop.

Since we are showing tire tracks here is one from my 68 Camaro. The driveway was cement but even from idle it would just light them up. I had to stop before I ran into the lakeintheback.... Tongue
MVC 035S 2
Meatball is a real calm cat unless he sees a dog.  

joe-
Posted: 04/15/14 09:45 AM

i was just showing that this rear has a mind of it's own.   sometimes it's posi, sometimes it's 1 wheel peal.    on a positive note, the rear gear lube came out looking decent for a few years after i swapped gears.   all the teeth looked great.

Dave, i'll avoid that shop for sure!    i've got a spare stock driveshaft,...somewhere.

next time i buy drag radials i'm going with a similar set to yours Dale.  i think a 28" tall tire would give better traction than a 26"?    and i can make it fit pretty easily.
  heres what i'm running now;
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-3793r/overview/

i pulled the tranny out the other day.   used a silly little trick.   i zip-tied the converter to 2 holes where the inspection cover goes.   it was nice to not have to worry about the converter sliding off while balacing the tranny on a floor jack.
  put some lighter springs in the governor because it was shifting too quicly.   changed front and rear seals.   new o-ring on speed-o.   10" summit converter.   and put it back in.    still have a bunch to hook up, and it's raining today,...but steady progress is being made.  
i bought some of that "water-wetter" today.   i wonder if it really helps with cooling?  
joe-

Dave632
Posted: 04/15/14 10:44 AM

Joe I know what you mean about installing a converter, they can be a real pain in the butt sometimes.
I used Water wetter in the past and it did seem to make a little difference.  

TO TOP