Item Posts    Sort Order

dyno software

sbc423
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/29/13 04:42 PM

Theres alot of dyno software on the market today and im hearing alot of mixed info on all of them. Ive personally never used any or even seen it used so I have no idea what they are capable of or what kind of options you can change or how accurate they are. Im looking to purchase some...what program have yall had good results with? Lets say if price is irrelevant I want something that is accurate with everything from carb spacers and header size all the way to blowers. Is there a such program out there?  

68scott385
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 07/29/13 07:10 PM

I've been using Desktop Dyno2000 for many years. There is obviously an updated version available from Motion Software. I don't look at it for specific numbers but finding trends.

http://www.motionsoftware.com/  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385

duramax10
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/30/13 06:12 AM

Ive heard that dyno2000 is ok untill you add blowers or get real radical with the cam. Is that true?  

68scott385
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 07/30/13 09:09 AM

The program uses the entered data to perform a series of complex calculations. The program has many optional input variables including bore, stroke, # of cylinders, generic head flow numbers or actual flow numbers from flow tests, number of valve, size of valve, cfm flow in 2 or 4 barrel configurations, manifold type selection, forced induction and what type with several input variables, exhaust system configuration, and generic cam selection or enter specific cam data.

The main thing to remember about computer dyno simulation is that it figures just what information input. If the input data is a guess or close enough, the output data will also be a guess. The program will give data based on optimum tuning of the components listed. If you don't tune your combination to gain it's full potential you won't get anywhere close to what the computer spits out.

The program works great to see where a certain cam will make its power, how changing from a dual plane intake to a single plain will affect the power band, or what a change in compression ratio will do to the motor. It will not tell you where to set the ignition timing or what jets to put in the carburetor.  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385

TO TOP