Item Posts    Sort Order

Street outlaw show on Discovery channel

Dave632
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 01/16/14 03:55 PM

Hi Joe,
It has been awhile since I have been down a drag strip and yes the former Sunshine, now Showtime, was the strip I did most of my racing at. They had several heads up classes back then and if you were running 6s you were way behind the pack, even with my 4.70s I was never top qualifier. Do they still run the heads up classes there? When I ran they had the Pro Mod, 10.5, and radial tire classes running. It was the show and it brought many spectators to the track. The bracket classes only attracted racers, few spectators.
I did finally make it to a track here in Tennessee. To be honest the show was not as good as the one in Fla. as they had only one heads up class, a 10.5 one.
They did have a 4.70 index class for cars that was pretty crazy. It was .8 seconds faster than the dragster index class at 5.50.

I did look at the site and they feature cars with big UGLY wheels,,, What??? Wow have they gone downhill.... Did they play rap music all night to? Tongue  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

joe-
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 01/16/14 06:28 PM

glad to hear you made it to a track up there.

i think they have a heads up class.

i didnt hear any rap music, just motors and loud fart cans.  1 or 2 of the ricers seemed kinda quick, but most were just annoying fart can cars.   there was a nice 75ish camaro running pretty quick with no time.  maybe high 5s?  lifting the front wheels on just about every pass.   your beretta woulda whooped up on every car there, no doubt about it.

i think that ugly donk car is for a car show?  
joe-

Mikes79
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 01/17/14 09:58 AM

Thanks Dave. I'll probably take the Nova to Milan, MI run it the full quarter on street tires if they let me. I want to see what she'll do setup as I will drive it on the streets. I can't stand fart boxes and donks personally.  

Dave632
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 01/17/14 05:41 PM

Mike, as long as you don't go on a slick only night you should be able to run. Street tires rip the rubber coating off the track that is why they have slick only nights.
Joe, I sure miss the old Beretta some times. It could run 5.0s on motor alone and if I ever got the chassis right I could have gotten it into the low 4s with those 3 stages of juice I had on it and could never use because of tire spin.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

TO TOP