123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

Street outlaw show on Discovery channel

dond1965
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 01/09/14 09:36 AM

there's only ONE willie borsch!!! you KNOW i was kidding, right? if i were to attempt such a build, the car would in fact have the front wheels out past the the front bumper ala fuel altered technology so it could be steered. note i said the wheels would be out side of the body [for an extra wide stance] for added stability. the blower i mentioned is bogus, and too small for that application [except for the rear tires, is'nt everything?]. just wanted to see if any one would notice. i would have been happy to play dumb, just for kicks, and let some one CORRECT me!!  

dond1965
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 01/09/14 09:40 AM

Icon Quotetuffnuff:
Ford 9" bolt pattern with 14-1/2 x 32 x 15 Juicers

Bigmeats

10.50's sure look skinny, huh

Slicks11s145s

Click on pic below.,. burn out

Th Burnout001

Smile

i say tuff old boy, isnt that chris from austria's car? [kinda looks like it] Cool  

tuffnuff
Posted: 01/09/14 09:48 AM

Nope, that is NOT Chris's car, his is a hard top with a blue roofWink
dond, go to the Mopar site, IQ52 posted.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

dond1965
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 01/09/14 09:58 AM

ok thanks tuff. but the pictured vehicle is also a blue hard top, and the roof IS blue.  

tuffnuff
Posted: 01/09/14 10:08 AM

Icon Quotedond1965:
ok thanks tuff. but the pictured vehicle is also a blue hard top, and the roof IS blue.

This is Chris's car.,. no antenna on R/R fender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-CW5e_TmbQ&feature=youtu.be

And this is his car too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxM4nVGpC_E

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

dond1965
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 01/09/14 10:35 AM

them burnouts are a little different arent they? thanks tuff.  

tuffnuff
Posted: 01/09/14 10:39 AM

You welcome.,. I couldn't resist putting a GTO burnout on a Chevy site Wink
Did you go to the Mopar site?

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

dond1965
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 01/09/14 01:22 PM

yes but i didnt know what to look for, same old thing posted at the top, meow meow meow.  

tuffnuff
Posted: 01/09/14 01:36 PM

Chuckles.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

Dave632
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 01/12/14 01:13 PM

I watched the show last night. It featured a 57 Chevy that was normally run at the track. It supposedly has run 6s at 217mph on the track. Once again it comes down to who can hook up on slippery streets and the guys who run there regularly can do a better job of it, experience pays.
The track cars had fits trying to run on the street and they all lost except one who had tons of trouble getting down the street but so did his opponent. I think those guys are NUTS trying to run that much power on the street. Even on the track it is tough. I would have done nothing but spun trying to run on a surface like that.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

joe-
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 01/12/14 01:32 PM

that show is SO fake!

heres a bad street legal 6 second camaro.   you gotta check this out.
http://bangshift.com/blog/this-six-second-street-legal-camaro-from-mayland-is-chads-wet-dream-come-to-life.html

now thats a mean street car. Cool  
joe-

Dave632
Posted: 01/13/14 01:10 PM

I agree a lot of it is phony. There are probably some 6 second cars out there somewhere. That claim to be street cars but they are about as streetable as my lawn mower. Yes it will run on the street but I would surely not want to drive it very far. There was one car with funny car type headers on it... Where in the world is that allowed on the street, maybe on Mars if it had streets.
When I first saw street car racing back in the early 90s it was actually some street driven cars that could run some 9s and even some 8s in the 1/4.
Now they are all purpose built cars that are trailer-ed in to the track. When there are no trailers and they are fully street machines with QUIET EXHAUST, windshield wipers, radio, heater, AC, factory glass, full upholstery and all the other things needed for everyday driving, then it could be called a street car.
Joe that car is impressive at over 200mph in the 1/4. I wonder where they allow exhaust sticking out like that. It sounded like a Turbo car as far as I could tell on the video and that would lower the exhaust noise quite a bit.  

Mikes79
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 01/15/14 02:59 PM

Phony or not, it's entertainment and I like watching it.  One thing's for sure, I would NEVER risk losing or wrecking my Nova in a street race.  Of course I'm not building it to race, but I will take her to the track and make a few passes just to see what she'll do...when I get her back together again.  No trailer either, drive her there, run her then drive her home is the plan.  Which brings a question to mind.  What is the limit before they require you to have a cage?  

Dave632
Posted: 01/16/14 08:47 AM

I don't know if things have changed since I ran in the past but you need a cage for a car that runs under 10 seconds or 135mph. There are other requirements like protective clothing, NHRA license, and more. I ran my 68 Camaro after my license had expired and I had to slow it down to run 10 flat at one race as it was one of the few places that they actually checked. In the past I had run my Beretta which was much faster and they hardly checked anything except protective clothing.
You will need a roll bar for a car that runs under 12 seconds, plus other requirements like protecive clothing and flywheel shield for a standard trans., and more.
For your car which as a guess would fall into the 12-14 second range you only need a driveshaft loop and a helmet.  

joe-
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 01/16/14 11:58 AM

hey Dave, i went down to one of your old tracks last night.  sunshine, now showtime dragstrip.
http://showtimedragstrip.us/

i didnt race, just happened to be driving by there and decided to stop.  i was surprised that 50% of the cars were ricers.   but we still had fun.   we walked around the pits and watched some roundy-round practice too.   they also had motocross practice going on at the same time.   lots of entertainment for $10.  
   i didnt see anybody go faster than a 6 in the 1/8, but a few ran with no time.   sure gave me the fever to get out there.  Grin  
joe-

123 Last
TO TOP