Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

powerglide issues please help

awayjunk
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 02/18/13 06:36 PM

ive recently have started up my motor for the first time in my nova to break in the new cam. but when i started to rev motor up to around 1800 rpms i could tell that there a load on the motor but trans is in park.when i rev up the car and the car doesnt lurch forward or none of that. But before starting the car for fist time i had put a new B&m shift lever kit on and put a trans go shift kit in. im thinking possibly torque converter but i dont want to buy one until i know for sure what problem is. So if anyone could help me out that would be great thanks!  

Dave632
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 02/18/13 08:02 PM

If your shift rod is not adjusted correctly you could get the troubles you describe. Make sure each shift position hits the proper detent.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

pepsi10
Posted: 02/19/13 02:26 PM

+1 Dave

In addition to that you could disconnect the torque convertor, and see if the problem goes away. If not then you will need to look in another direction...

Bob Aka-pepsi1  

awayjunk
Posted: 02/19/13 05:36 PM

ive started the motor before with that tranny and it didnt have a problem. And dave i have recently went under car and moved the shift lever to check if it hits each detent and it does. im going to remove pan and see whats up

Thanks guys  

TO TOP