Item Posts    Sort Order

Convert 80's Chevy 350 to Serpentine System

YoungMachanic8
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 05/02/13 09:33 PM

Hey Guys, I'm thinking about converting my 84 sbc 350 from the V-belt system over to a Serpentine System set-up. Took a trip to the local pull-a-part and saw plenty of 88-95 model Pick-ups with the serpentine set-up. Was wondering what all was needed to make the swap easy as possible. Would the Serpentine System set-up from a v6 model work also or does it have to be from a v8 only? And what other vehicles can I also find these set-up on?

Any help is Appreciated!
Thank You, YoungMachanic8  

waynep712222
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 05/03/13 01:22 PM

water pump ... pulleys,  brackets  try to find one with ac compressor in same location...    oh yes thats different also... but there are probably bypass pulleys available...   power steering pump and bracket also.. perhaps hose..

write down and keep the vin number from the donor truck. so you can identify parts later...
look for tag on firewall  ...  vin #  stickers on various parts.

most reverse rotation water pumps may noy have the same heater hose and bypass hose routing so use a cell phone camera.  

some bolts will also be metric...''

fan and fan clutch

4.3 v6,   5.0/305 ,  350/5.7

select carefully   gmpp and others also sell various kits

everything except harmonic damper.

more  

YoungMachanic8
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 05/05/13 06:37 AM

Thanks for the help, I've been thinking about changing it over to a serpentine belt system for awhile now and was trying to figure out whether it was really worth the headache...  

YoungMachanic8
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 05/05/13 06:37 AM

Thanks for the help, I've been thinking about changing it over to a serpentine belt system for awhile now and was trying to figure out whether it was really worth the headache...  

TO TOP