Item Posts    Sort Order

2001 chevy camaro and extreme dimensions vortex body kit

camarolover1
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 03/29/13 06:52 PM

hi there folks, im new to this forum. getting ready to buy my first camaro, can"t wait!!...anyways...on to my question..after careful study i have come to the decision that after i buy my car i want to add a body kit to it so it will be a real head turner. after looking at diffrent kits, the extreme dimension vortex body kit really happened to catch my eye. it just looks flat out awsome!!..but..i have also heard some real horror stories about people buying body kits and then the kit not fit right at all...so i was hopeing that someone that had some expirience could set me straight...the whole kit, side skirts rear lip and front lip cost around 735.00..it says on the website to have it installed by a bodyshop that has expirience installing body kits...my point is this...i would hate to spend 735.00 for the body kit and god only knows how much more to get it painted and put on..only to have installation problems and wasted money...can someone give me some knowledge please...camarolover1 Confused  Confused  

87vorteccamaro
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/29/13 08:51 PM

Hi there camarolover1, not that it matters but what year camaro??

Talking with experience..body kits are a absolute waist of time and more so money. Yes the cost to purchase the kit that changes the look of your car is reasonable. but after that is where things generally get pricey. Do they fit perfectly?? NEVER! Will u have to modify it to fit properly and look OEM? Usually..will it crack chip and splinter rather than bend like a OEM unit? More than likely.

And then there is repainting your whole car. Unless you are planing a complete repaint, Painting the kit alone to match the existing car usually has less than desired results as getting the paint colours to match perfectly is usually pretty difficult. (Been there done that) UV rays "bleach" or wash out colours.

If u are stuck on a body kit..have at er. But I can assure u at some point you will regret it just as I did. Twice!

If I were u I would spend that  aproximatly $3000.00 on performance and handling rather than looks. Function over form my friend.

Cheers and good luck.  

redneckjoe69
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 03/30/13 05:36 AM

+1.  i couldnt agree more.   it turns into alot of work/money.   and if you ever want to sell your car, others may not like the kit you added.   ill bet the kit i used had a crack with in a week.   i just took off the body kit i had, and put it back to normal on an 87 iroc.   looks alot better to me.  

camarolover1
Posted: 03/30/13 12:55 PM

thank you...i believe that i will take your advice....better safe than sorry..oh by the way..it will be a 2001 camaro base package...  

camarolover1
Posted: 03/30/13 12:56 PM

thanks....screw the body kit.....lol  

87vorteccamaro
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/31/13 07:56 PM

Good idea Wink  

TO TOP