Item Posts    Sort Order

63 Wagon w/ Rapture Carb

76Skylark
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 12/20/12 03:07 PM

This is what My Sawzall has left me with, After I decide How I will get the posts under the roof it's onward through the fog. I took a very old 1050 to Shannon Dickerson Of Rapture Carbs this Craiglist Find POS and he Made a Diamond of my Bad Purchase. this is by far the best Investment to date on my Build. More Later.

S5000001 Zps226d5aaf

S5000002 Zps87d8bc98

S5000005 Zpse886b016

S5000004 Zps2acf8183  

76Skylark
Posted: 12/20/12 04:40 PM

Got the door's(hard top) hung so now weld in the B-Post/tack up the rear panel and make a piece to fill from rear qtr. to post,Making it a two door. the roof is about where I want it but may swap c-pillar with B to get the Nomad look.really want to narrow it front to rear but not this time I guess. So I bought this 1050 off CL turns out what I got was a Shell of a carb so Old Holley does not carry parts. supposed to have been a Bud Moore built for a boss351 had large restrictors in the bottom venturi's to reduce CFM and had the old style Internal linkage (wasn't there) So I sent It to Shannon Dickerson at Rapture Racing Carbs(Google him)in Phoenix city Ala. and for about 750.00 he gave me back this beauty ONLY the BODY is the Same (with out restrectors)It wasn't even tapped for brass bleeds on top new Boosters-I asked him questions about boosters and he uses a size that matches the Signal he wants to see from the fuel circuits (that will Match your use of carb).new billet metering plates new aluminum Bowels w.110 needles and external linkage that Snaps shut like it would take a finger off. anything I am missing is new and its Flow tested On a flow bench.It now flows 1190 cfm. Did I Mention he is easy to talk to and real nice people.  

idrivejunk
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 12/20/12 05:15 PM

Bro you shu nuf did bite off a chunk! I'm in, on the two door thing. Maybe you could take the sawzall to the boneyard and chop out an S-10 or small car windshield area (since the A-posts would be at a better angle to start with, plus you could use a windshield for whatever car you hack) and splice it in at the dash area and front of roof skin. Or fab yer own, why not?

Glad your carb dude turns out to be a good un. But yeah you need BODYwork! Make it sturdy, plan to crash but never do!  
idrivejunk

76Skylark
Posted: 12/21/12 06:40 AM

Fer Sure on the Crash ability,the cage will be equal to NHRA 25.4 and is still less than the Late Model round track cars I am Familiar with.the previous owner Also Installed a full frame front to back but chopped into the front floorboard area so the pan would be cupped into rails so that area gets replaced with new S bends but the frame tho old is very well done. 31" wide, kick up in back could be Steeper but it was for a pro street car with leaf springs and when I lower the back It gets close to the frame rail.Oddly a leaf spring car Rises up when loaded so that keeps it clear but I have to hope that remains true with the control arms I want to make.In the "there are always Opitions" dept.Being a full frame car I can just put a different body on it.there are no less than 3-4 corvette Outlaw cars around and really older bodies are cheep,I also still like a late 60's corvair body dropped down on it that would reduce frontal area to about Vette specs and be cheeper still. I love what the wagon is looking like But with-out help( no one has even come by to look in almost 3 years)I Got My Hands Full. this crap was so much easyier 30 years ago!So I ain't Quiting even If the Sawzall kills me!  

redneckjoe69
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 12/22/12 07:50 AM

looks like a fun project. Cool
nice work on the carb!  

tuffnuff
Posted: 12/22/12 09:38 AM

Yep Joe, it looks like John is enjoying his project.
Looking real good so far.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

76Skylark
Posted: 12/22/12 01:51 PM

Thank you Guy's, Taking longer than I like.Visions of Grandeur and all.......  

TO TOP