Item Posts    Sort Order

Polished stainless steel button bolts

Hawki
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 12/09/12 07:14 PM

I want to replace all of the exposed bolts under the hood of our 69 Camaro. I prefer a polished stainless steel button style replacement bolt. Not just the obvious on the 327 intake, water pump, etc, but exposed fender bolts.What do you recommend?  

pepsi1
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 12/09/12 09:47 PM

Hawki

Go to www.jegs.com or www.summit racing.com or www.speedwaymotors.com

Then go to the section for dress up kits. Stay away from the low end crap. There are a lot of the made in china and japan crap.(I'm speeking for what I saw happen to my son years back).
  Check ARP's and GM Performance Parts. The reall good ones won't come in a baggy. They will be all seperated on a cardboard sheet. I remember my son purchased the GM bolts with a Chevy Bow Tie on them.  
  When your done with your pride and Joy we Gear Heads like to see nice rides...
  Good Luck...

Bob  

pepsi1
Posted: 12/09/12 10:13 PM

Hawki

I did a little looking around. It looks like GM has licensed Gardner Westcott to make there dress-up fasteners. Jegs has them #402-1056490HSP SBC with headers.$94.99
Summit has the same bolts #GAR-10-56490HSP SBC with headers $94.95

You will have to look through their catalogs for fender bolts. Some come with the washer attached, but you need to know the correct thread and right-or-left hand. You probably know the drill...Good Luck Grin  Cool

Bob  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 12/10/12 04:16 AM

have you tried ace hardware?    the ones here have a pretty good selection.   they also sell some polished stainless bolts with designs in them like skulls, etc.   depending on how many you need of a certain size, sometimes its cheaper to buy a full box.    

most marine stores carry various stainless fasteners too, but are usually over-priced.

another good place to check is motorcycle shops.   they usually carry some trick fasteners.  probably a harley shop for stainless stuff?   alot of the ricerocket shops carry anodized fasteners of different colors.  

idrivejunk
Posted: 12/10/12 05:21 AM

+1 Joe, hardware store. When I need those I go to the local True Value.  
idrivejunk

idrivejunk
Posted: 12/10/12 05:28 AM

This kind is better looking than flat washers and button heads, in my opinion. Surf up boltdepot dot com. I cuss every car I work on that is put together with damn allen heads.

Images?Q=Tbn:And9gcsckchz4ldwj53bpdxqze 2Cjyr69sacyzblkcdkv88wmba1ekouesptgkh  
idrivejunk

redneckjoe69
Posted: 12/10/12 05:55 AM

howdy Matt!

heres a cool site,....
http://www.probolt-usa.com/?gclid=CLfyjYHwj7QCFQkFnQodX1sAaA  

pepsi1
Posted: 12/10/12 10:32 PM

Matt:
Those are the really nice ones. Thanks for the picture.

Bob  

TO TOP