Item Posts    Sort Order

Turn signal cancel cam

Intruder2
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 02/07/13 05:07 PM

On a 68 Chevelle the turn signal cancel cam is missing. Have ordered a cam per application, and the new cam will not sit down far enough to make contact with the switch. The cam center hole is to small to fit over the nut on the shaft. The supplier states there is no other cam availble.  It is a tilt column. it may have a different column in it. Have any ideas? cannot find a number on the switch. Is there a part number on the column somewhere to help id the column  

waynep71222
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 02/08/13 10:40 AM

there is originally a paper tape with the part number on it around the bottom of the turn signal harness but after this long i expect it fell off..

which number did you use???

look at page 33 of this turn signal switch and cams catalog...

SM15 is for tilt wheels...

http://www.shee-mar.com/PDF/2011%20catalog.pdf

they don't fit on easily...

i see an SM-16... and it fits 80s dodge applications as those with tilt columns use saginaw columns.

this is an SM-229 for pontiac and some other applications with tilt wheels without key on the column.

7467 1

i cannot seem to find a picture of the sm 226 or sm 228 that might also fit as complete switches..  

Intruder2
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 02/08/13 01:07 PM

The paper tag is missing. Would there be any numbers anywhere else?  Like maybe on the tube or shaft. I need a switch also, but I may have miss lead you, What I called the cancell cam that I am talking about is the round part that also has the horn contacts in it.  

waynep71222
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 02/09/13 11:16 AM

thats the horn contact ring...

a non column lock... but with a tilting column...  thats going to be a hard one possibly...

well...  dorman makes 2 horn contact rings... i don't know if either will fit..

motormite  help brand ..83232 and 83233...  they are for key on the column later columns.. you might want to invest in both.. they are not expensive... see if you can get them to work with yours..

there are several different turn signal switches that might work...   do you have a digital camera??  take some pictures and post them to photobucket...

take both sides of the switch... and the connector..

take some of the column with the steering wheel off...   and each layer as you remove parts...

saginaw columns are built from variations of standard parts... they mixed and matched to come up with various columns.. so there is a LOT of interchangeability between some components..

0900C1528007ba34  

waynep71222
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 02/12/13 01:36 PM

hope you get this.... i ran across this on a totally different search...

might be the PROPER part...

http://www.classicpartssource.com/parts/1967-68-chevy-ii-nova-cancel-cam

CC6750 Cps

Original turn signal canceling cam for use on 1967-68 Chevy II/Novas with tilt wheel.  

TO TOP