Item Posts    Sort Order

Lets Get Some Action In The Drag Racing Section

tuffnuff
Posted: 01/27/13 08:20 AM

Icon QuoteDave632:
I need to learn how to post a video from a CD or VHS tape.
I have tried in the past with no luck.

I think Idrivejunk might be able to help you out, cuz he posts vids that he has shot.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

76Skylark
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 01/27/13 10:23 AM

Icon Quotetuffnuff:
Well Dave, you're now getting plenty of action on this racing thread.
I'll help out where I can.

Smile

your Welcome........Lol........John  

76Skylark
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 01/27/13 10:28 AM

Leaving for Delaware at 5, today Back wed. see ya!  then Vermont but don't Know Schedule yet. Look out Bob..  

tuffnuff
Posted: 01/27/13 10:30 AM

John, I appreciate the hints and "links" you send.,. it gets me into YB and the nice part is that I'm just a lil fly on the wall,,,,, so to speak.
I don't think I would have ever posted there, it might have caused a major rebellion.,. again or still. LOL
I much prefer it this way.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

idrivejunk
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 01/27/13 11:07 AM

John, travel safely. Peter, Howdy. Dave, holler if you need me.  
idrivejunk

Dave632
Posted: 01/27/13 04:01 PM

Icon Quoteidrivejunk:

Can you give me a clue as to what is needed to post a video from a CD or VHS tape?  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

Dave632
Posted: 01/27/13 04:03 PM

Icon Quotetuffnuff:
Well Dave, you're now getting plenty of action on this racing thread.
I'll help out where I can.

Smile

Icon Quote76Skylark:
your Welcome........Lol........John

It was John's idea to get the ball rolling here and I kicked it off. Laugh  

idrivejunk
Posted: 01/27/13 06:49 PM

Icon Quoteidrivejunk:

Icon QuoteDave632:
Can you give me a clue as to what is needed to post a video from a CD or VHS tape?

From a CD is pretty easy, just upload it to a hosting website then post a link here. I use a TV tuner card to record VHS playback. Inside my desktop computer. That allows me to make a digital recording while playing the tape because it has the necessary input and output connectors. Many newer computers have TV cards built in, but I have an ancient cheapo add-in card. The coax TV/internet cable screws right to it. What kinda rig you got? Ask the next round of questions if you would like to pursue archiving your VHS stuff at home. Lots of camera sellers (maybe even some walmarts) offer VHS conversion services for a reasonable cost and its worth it to preserve those oldest memories. A CD/DVD drive or USB connected flash drive, or a memory card can then be used to upload the file to any of several popular free hosting websites like youtube or photobucket once you create an account. You just need a valid email address and to make up a password.  
idrivejunk

Dave632
Posted: 01/28/13 04:10 PM

Icon Quoteidrivejunk:

Icon QuoteDave632:

Icon Quoteidrivejunk:
From a CD is pretty easy, just upload it to a hosting website then post a link here. I use a TV tuner card to record VHS playback. Inside my desktop computer. That allows me to make a digital recording while playing the tape because it has the necessary input and output connectors. Many newer computers have TV cards built in, but I have an ancient cheapo add-in card. The coax TV/internet cable screws right to it. What kinda rig you got? Ask the next round of questions if you would like to pursue archiving your VHS stuff at home. Lots of camera sellers (maybe even some walmarts) offer VHS conversion services for a reasonable cost and its worth it to preserve those oldest memories. A CD/DVD drive or USB connected flash drive, or a memory card can then be used to upload the file to any of several popular free hosting websites like youtube or photobucket once you create an account. You just need a valid email address and to make up a password.

I already have a photobucket account.
Is the TV tuner card installed inside the computer or can it be added thru a USB port.
I have an older, 5-6 yrs., Dell computer and it does not have any cable input.
I will look on E Bay for a TV tuner card and see what shows up.

Thanks, Dave  

idrivejunk
Posted: 01/28/13 04:41 PM

Dave, search for "usb TV tuner".

BestBuy gets about $85 for these, but there are others. You should be able to screw it onto a coax cable connected to the output on a VCR, then plug into a USB port and start recording once the software installation is complete. Sounds like a snap!

9234205 Ra

The BB website so you can read up on the specs:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hauppauge+-+PCTV+HD+Stick+USB+2.0+TV+Tuner+with+PVR/9234205.p?id=1218064151279&skuId=9234205&st=usb%20tv%20tuner&cp=1&lp=2

After you have the file on your computer, you can upload that or edit it first like I do with Windows Movie Maker, for trimming and to reduce the file size or change format. Be aware that a lot of memory, both storage and RAM, is required for recording video so double check the "system requirements" of the tuner against your computer. A side benefit is you can also hook up bunny ears to the tuner and get free digital local TV broadcasts on your computer. TV cards are pretty neat, mine uses a PCI slot on the motherboard.  
idrivejunk

Dave632
Posted: 01/28/13 08:13 PM

Thanks IDJ,
I will start looking for one of those.  

dond1965
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 12/04/13 07:40 PM

can you use an oem 6 speed auto? with a dana 60 you can get some pretty low gears that are still pretty strong! wouldnt seem to need KILLER power to be quick in the 1/8 with close ratio trans and stump puller ring n pinion!  

dond1965
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 12/04/13 08:23 PM

i just saw some online video of out law 8.5. ryan [toaster] jones, turbo 62-65 nova, 4.98 @ 150 mph in the quarter! on 8.5 tires, it hardly pulled the front wheels, mind boggling!  

TO TOP