Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

1972 ss dash conversion

cbrocchi
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/29/13 11:06 PM

I am in the process of converting my Malibu dash to a SS dash. I believe I have overcome all the major obstacles and I am getting ready to install the new SS dash ( which is actually a original SS dash from a 72). My question is this, I do not see what powers my clock, the pcb ribbon does not have any provisions for a clock connection other than for background lighting. There is a threaded post on the back of the clock but it has no way to hook up to the pcb. Is there a power connection for the clock on my new SS dash harness or is the PCB supposed to power it? OPGI says I have the correct PCB part number installed but could not answer my question. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Craig  

waynep71222
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 01/31/13 08:00 AM

perhaps this will help... i just went thru this with a member with a similar issue on his 72.

but THIS should help..   please.. print these 3 images.. so you can follow each circuit..

72 Chevelle Cluster Colorized

72 Chevelle Cluster Ground Connections

72 Chevelle Cluster Diagram  

waynep71222
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 01/31/13 08:03 AM

PS... the WIRING HARNESS CONNECTOR PINOUT in DIFFERENT between the different types of clusters...

the images above are also larger than you can see.. move the slider bar back and forth... or open the images in a new window..

i don't see a clock insert in the pictures above...  i take it that it fits where the cavity is on the left side of the photo...   i will have to dig into the wiring diagrams tonight...  

TO TOP