Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

SEMA Show

OleSkool731
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 11/01/12 04:00 PM

Well guys and gals, i love reading up on the new toys and shinny things that SEMA gets to show off at every event, but it makes me so down in the scrap yard when i see all of them and know that i cant even afford the bolt that was left on the floor from 3 years ago. I also ennjoy seeing the cars they bring, one example i really thought was very interesting was the 1969 Camaro concept they showed, it was just mind blowingly old and new looking at the same time.. it kinda made me think of how,please forgive me GM Gods up above, Ford did with the Mustang and Dodge did with the Challenger.. it's looks like it should be brand-spanking new, at the same time it looks enough like the older modles that it could be used as the "Next Gen Camaro". Still on the topic of the models we see at SEMA, it seems like the same Models are shown all the time.. Corvettes,Bel-Airs,Camaros, and Chevelles.. Love seeing those, just not all the time, i mean there is only so many things you can do to one model until it all starts to look alike.. why not mix it up, throw different year models in with those loved ones, and also like maybe a Nova or so every now and then, also the Impalas/Caprices as well. not everyone makes the money to afford the "most showed" bodies that are every where you look, maybe a truck or two every so often, i know that trucks are being played with as muscle toys as well.. i dont mean just the El Caminos either. You all know what i'm talking about.. Us poor people can't always afford the nicer, expensive toys. Come play with us on our level every now and then. Please.  

idrivejunk
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 11/01/12 04:09 PM

Theres a '31 Model A street rod and a '61 F-100 unibody truck in there that I did bodywork on this year, at least those two found on road deads aren't too "most showed"!

Has anybody else thought of putting the guts from a wrecked Volt into a Corvair yet? You could call it a Corvolt and I bet they would show it!  
idrivejunk

OleSkool731
Posted: 11/01/12 05:16 PM

but you see what im getting at.. at the time i couldnt think of any other models!!! "muscle failure of the brain, Privates!!!" as one of my platoon members would say  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 11/02/12 02:15 AM

heres a different kind of build, on our level?   an 88rs camaro with a 440 mopar, using a ford rear.   hows that for mixing it up?  lol.  
    http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/engine-swap/665944-440-mopar-engine-swap.html

should be a bad-azz car when he gets done.   its nice to see people think outside of the same old-same old.  

68scott385
Posted: 11/02/12 09:40 AM

I'd have never thought a 440 would fit that well.  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385

OleSkool731
Posted: 11/03/12 04:19 PM

well.. i dont think it would with the stock hood.. haha  

TO TOP