Item Posts    Sort Order

Some bodywork done in ~`77 to a `68 Corvette

geargrabber
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 09/02/12 08:54 PM

Someone was interested in what the tail end looked like on this car. IIRC the guy I purchased the car from said it was done in 1977 but might have been `74 (CRS is starting to set in and I just turned 45 yrs. old).
I guess people didn`t give much thought about how it would affect a cars value 30 yrs later..?? These tail lights/panel will be something I must update a little.
005 1

Here is how a 295/50/15 will fill the ginormous flares, mounted on `vintage` American Racing Wheels 11" wheel with 4" back space..hmm, hope they clear, looks like they will.

waynep71222
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 09/02/12 11:36 PM

wow...  a few mods to the tail light opening.. you might be able to fit the 2012 dodge charger full rear panel tail lights in that opening...

you might be able to grind the charger logo off and repolish the area...

depending on the width..  there is also the late 80 or early 90s..buick sommerset  with the full width tail light panel...

at least...  you can always just cut all the plastic off the car and start from scratch...  as i think all the fiberglass /FRP what ever its called are available... so you can go back to a totally new exterior in stock shape...

but you know.. there is someone who would love that car just the way it is...  as they saw one in some.. car magazine someplace..  back in the early 70s... either in Car craft or popular hot rodding..  they did the BG BANANA.. in IMSA style corvette..    i seem to recall mentioning that car a while back and somebody replied that they still own that car..  

geargrabber
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 09/03/12 06:09 AM

Thanks for the tail light suggestions wayne. I will check later to see what the sommerset lights look like, and there are a few chargers owned by guys I work with..one I can think of would let me get a tape measure close enough.
At minimal, I would like to just replace the lens part thats in there..looks exactly like some hanging home lighting that my parents had when I was a youngster.
I realy think the car looks good the way it is...plan to keep it the same other than that lens piece.  

TO TOP