Item Posts    Sort Order

shoulder straps

Shrike
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 05/01/12 12:34 PM

I have a `66 nova ss that I would like to put a shoulder harness or straps in. I have 2 holes in the headliner but dont know how to anchor anything. I`m not sure the holes are even  there for  that. any help?                                     Shriker  

Dave632
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 05/01/12 12:43 PM

Sholder straps generally hook onto the roll cage. That is the bar that runs behind the drivers seat. I do not know if it would be practical trying to hook them anywhere else.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

pepsi1
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 05/01/12 02:24 PM

Icon QuoteShrike:
I have a `66 nova ss that I would like to put a shoulder harness or straps in. I have 2 holes in the headliner but dont know how to anchor anything. I`m not sure the holes are even  there for  that. any help?                                     Shriker

+1 Dave:

I had a 1966 ChevyII for 40 years. I always hooked the shoulder belts to the Roll Cage. You don't ever want to be hanging loose in a racecar! The seatbelts anchored to the old seat belt anchores. I also used a 6 point harness. (Doublesubmarine belt). That was anchored to a nother part of the frame..be safe not sorry.

Pick up a rule book and it will show you what angle the shoulder belt has to be on, Grin  Cool  

TO TOP