Item Posts    Sort Order

Control Arm Bushings for a 72 Nova, Which to Choose??

z28kid
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 04/25/12 12:01 PM

Hi all,

I have a 1972 Nova that is a mid-10 second drag car. I plan on doing some suspension work to it next month and I have been confronted with a dilemma.

Currently the car has OEM rubber control arm bushings installed. I know that they are not optimal for letting the front suspension transfer weight so, it is time for them to go. I know there are polyurethane bushings offer by Prothane and Energy Suspension but, I have not been able to find any solid evidence about which brand would be better for my application. I have also become aware of Global West's Delalum bushings but, they cost about $300 as opposed to $75 for the poly bushings.

Can anyone shed any light on which bushing to go with and why? Do the Delalum bushings offer a big enough advantage to make them worth the extra cost? This car does not see the street anymore and will likely stay in the 10 second range on the strip.

Thanks  

pepsi1
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 04/25/12 12:30 PM

If your car is onlt for the strip Moroso makes a set of trick front A-Arm bushings..Also as long as you have the front end apart Moroso also makes trick front springs.. Install an adjutable  front shock,and remove the front sway bar.. You can install front end stops and also front end limiters so the front end doesn't go full travel...Those are only for a strip car..  

76Skylark
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 04/25/12 02:57 PM

Also since you are only going in a straight line and you are not putting in hundreds of miles at a time I think the least expensive ones would be my choice.I used energy Susp. bushings in a car that saw only Mountain running and of course getting there and they were great. drove that car for 6 years and never had a problem.they also had grease fittings to lube it and that is Important.  

TO TOP