Ad Radar
12 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

2013 Nova SS

PaulGCnD
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/30/11 10:17 AM

I have a concept design for a new Nova SS and I wanted to get some opinions from the Nova people. I had decided to do the design mainly because there hasnt been a Nova for some time and it seems that companies are bringing back the bodies that were so popular. so hopefuly I can get the pic to work and get some feedback from you Nova fans.
70Nova Edited 3  

Dave632
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 05/30/11 10:36 AM

Thats very good.
Sure better than almost every car currently in production.
You should be designing cars for the American auto market.
Whoever currently is doing it stinks.  
The asians sure could use you, (they have the ugliest car market cornered), but who wants to help them out.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

PaulGCnD
Posted: 05/30/11 11:56 AM

Thanks Dave, I was trying to keep with the same lines of that generation of Nova and at the samme time bring it into the present.  

idrivejunk
Posted: 05/30/11 04:47 PM

This is a cool post. I like the idea and love the illustration but there are many things I would do differently. I admit I don't currently own a Nova, so I can't speak as Nova people. If you would like feedback-

Downsize the bumper part of the front fascia and lose the splitter. Use a deflector at the core support instead.

Square park lamps instead of air ducts.

Bring top of windshield down and rear of hood farther back but keep the rake.

Flatten the tops of the wheelwells a little and use a wider hockey stick stripe.

Let the bottom of the rocker be visually straight.

Mock the look of the rally wheels.

Try to use the existing Camaro roofline.

Got any other angles?

Sorry if thats too much input, just shootin' from the hip.  
idrivejunk

connorIROC
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 05/30/11 06:53 PM

HOLY GOD that's awesome  

waynep7122
Posted: 05/30/11 07:08 PM

thats a great design....

and.. if you have followed along.. thats exactly how the new camaro came to be....

somebody merged the old style into a new.. and walla...    it does not always work.... does anybody remember the pontiac trans am van...   that became the front wheel drive vans of the 90s...  they could not get close to the original displayed design that everybody fell head over heels for..    but the SS nova looks like a winner...  

vdub199
Posted: 05/30/11 07:32 PM

That looks amazing!!!!  

Dave632
Posted: 05/31/11 08:18 AM

I must admit the new Camaro style is not my favorite especially the rear end treatment.
The Dodge Challenger in my opinion got it right. I personally think it is the best looking car made today and I have not had anything but a Chevy for the last 20 years including all my race cars.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

PaulGCnD
Posted: 05/31/11 09:36 AM

No its not too much, this is the stuff i'm looking for, on the note of the ducts was making them to be break coolers I moved the parking and turn lights to the grill. I had thought about a retro ralley wheels. Thanks for the suggestions and will try ti incorporate some of them in. thanks again.  

chevelle83
Posted: 05/31/11 09:38 AM

+1 junkman,,, cool concept there Paul!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It is on the edge of TOO retro for me,,,,,,,I guess I am just old school,,, I like chrome bumpers rounded corners and flat fenders.

I would like to see a rear view as well,,,,,,,,,

+1 dave,,,,, I like the front view and am OK with the side,,, the doors are too tall and the rear of the new camaro is just outta place for me as well,,,  

I just cant get used to the sharp jagged corners and panel lines of these new designs,,,,,,,,,  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 05/31/11 10:14 AM

wow, i really like your design paul.     im sure its hard to please everybody.   i like the frontend from the bottom of the grill, up.    i know its the newer look, but i dont like the giant wheels on the newer camaros, mopars, etc.   they kinda look like matchbox cars.     my neighbor has a new camaro.   he put some old style 15inch steel wheels with the beauty rings on it.  the wheels are painted to match the body color, silver/gray.   i think its the best looking new camaro around here.     if you get time, id also like to see a pic of the rear.   we need people like you designing cars today.   most new cars and trucks today look like plain and idiotic to me.   keep up the good work. Cool  

PaulGCnD
Posted: 06/03/11 06:59 PM

Ok I have reworked the body a bit, so tell me what you think. Rear view still in progress.
Supernova  

idrivejunk
Posted: 06/03/11 08:41 PM

Hmm. I'm liking the bumper and rocker much better. I miss the hood emblem. Roofline- not sure, its difficult to transfer the essence of a 73 Nova into modern terms. But I sure like the idea. Gotta stare at it some more ...

Heres a thought- The modern ponycars- Camaro, Challenger, and maybe Mustang, are all fake hardtops, for rollover purposes. I vote for using the new Nova to bring back post coupes. Probably not much chance that Chevy is gonna bring back vent windows but wow that would be cool, huh?  
idrivejunk

Pontiacman2
Posted: 06/04/11 03:33 AM

Very nice I like the first one better.  
Pontiacman2
Pontiacman2

Professional Hi-performance engine builder

chevelle83
Posted: 06/09/11 10:06 PM

ca, mon lets file those corners down just a little more,,,,  

12 Last