Item Posts    Sort Order

Chevrolet casting numbers

RSAutry3
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 02/07/12 06:16 PM

Next to the casting number on my big block Chevrolet engine block is another number. The number is "GM 10 T".....Does anyone know what this number is? Confused  

waynep7122
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 02/08/12 06:31 AM

there is a book on engine numbers..   but those are not currently used for identification except in really detailed restorations..

there are 2 lines of stamped in numbers on the passenger side deck surface.. visible in front of the head...

on the back of the block..  right above where the transmission bolts on.. is the block casting number..  usually a 6 or 7 digit number..  

there is also a julian date code.. that is also cast positive on the block.. it will be 4 digits...  B149     would be feb... B,   14th.. 1969...  

coleenS08
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 04/16/12 11:56 PM

Chevrolet Chevelle is a good choice for a car. Part of the GM A-Body platform, the Chevelle was one of Chevrolet's most successful nameplates. It has been used in the Ryan Gosling existential action film “Drive” with but a single 2012 Oscar nomination for sound editing. Some film experts up in arms over the lack of interest in the movie but Ryan Gosling's choice of ride - the 1973 Chevrolet Chevelle - definitely has the interest of auto fans... In honor of “Drive” and the Chevrolet Chevelle, there are the best five models in the line's history, courtesy of Bold Ride. Article source: Go for a 'Drive' in the top 5 Chevrolet Chevelles  

pepsi1
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 04/17/12 06:35 PM

It's probably a truck block..their strong but the 2 bolts are not as strong as the 4 bolt BBC usually have forged steel cross drilled cranks...

Bob  

TO TOP