Item Posts    Sort Order

1969 SS396 LIGHTWEIGHT

CURTIS69
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/22/12 06:34 PM

I AM TRYING TO RECOUP MY MEMORY. I BOUGHT A NEW 1969 CHEVELLE SS396 WHICH WAS REFERRED TO AS A "LIGHTWEIGHT SPECIAL". IT WAS A HARDTOP ,SILVER WITH BLACK VINYL ROOF,FOUR SPEED,RUBBER FLOOR MATS,BENCH SEAT.TAIL LIGHTS HAD THE PLAIN TRIM ETC. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE OFFICIAL DESIGNATION FOR THIS CAR. I ONLY KEPT IT ABOUT ONE YEAR, DROVE IT 8000 MILES AND PUT 42 QUARTS OF OIL IN IT.
I'M ONLY INTERESTED IN KNOWING THE MODEL TO SEE WHAT IT MIGHT BE SELLING FOR TODAY  

pepsi1
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 01/22/12 10:45 PM

curtis69 welcome aboard:

I got hit in the head in 1966 and I still haven't found my memory....LOL... Grin

Would it have been cheaper to tow it...LOL... Grin  Cool

I hope your not putting us on using that much oil? How many times did you change the spark plugs? Smirk  

Seriously it sounds like Smokey Yunick's Old mistery Chevelle. I think that was a 1967. Are there any Numbers anywhere in the door jams inner fenders,cowl, firewall, In the trunk anywhere you can look. I would be all over that with a fine tooth comb.

How is it registerd? What other info do you have????
Thanks
Bob  

dond1965
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 12/07/13 05:45 PM

ive never heard of it, but im thinking a true light weight would have been built using the bottom of the line sedan body.  

TO TOP