Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

64 Nova Father/Son Project

gkieler
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 11/23/11 11:26 AM

Just picked up a 64 Nova SS. Pretty rough but very cool indeed. Has a non stock V8 and Auto Trans. The cowl tag say it should be a 4spd, I checked under the steering column and sure enough someone changed it over to an auto. Not looking to be 100% original, but would like to put the 4spd manual back in...thoughts, should I just leave it auto, is it worth the $$$ to swap it back? Tried to ad pics..no joy.  

pepsi1
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 11/23/11 01:22 PM

gkieler: WELCOME ABOARD

I'll bet by the time your done replacing the missing parts your going to be well into a $5,000. Unless you make it a project when you go to swap meets, car shows ect. Tremic $1,300. Richmond Super street with o/d $3,500. Flywheel,Clutch and pressure plate, bell housing,Shifter,Pedals?.

Swap meets and over time collect the pieces you need. Or even a donar car. There are alot of years that cross, to the 1964 Nova. I would suggest picking up some cross refernce books for help. www.cartechbooks.com and good luck. Don't get disguraged.  Have a Good Holiday  

Pontiacman2
Posted: 11/23/11 01:30 PM

Welcome to chp.  
Pontiacman2
Pontiacman2

Professional Hi-performance engine builder

tuffnuff
Posted: 11/23/11 02:30 PM

I have a 63 and 66 Nova, both are 4 speed cars, resto in progress,,,,,
If you need info you can IM me.

Augustpics004

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

Pontiacman2
Posted: 11/25/11 02:53 PM

Not bad tuff not bad.  
Pontiacman2
Pontiacman2

Professional Hi-performance engine builder

Robert Higgins
Posted: 03/10/14 09:09 AM

I just got a 64ss Malibu and its in very good shape but I want to build a nice little race car for the streets. numbers all match what would you guys recommendations be leave alone small mods or all out  

Robert Higgins
Posted: 03/10/14 09:21 AM

Wow very cool bro nothing gets any better than that.how long have you owned the Sweet rides and how far will you go with the both in restoration.... best of all if you had to pick just one of your rides well what one gets the Goody's first AND WHY.... thanks for the picks Andggood luck with both..... I'm having a great time with one can't imagine two......... Cool  

Dave632
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 03/10/14 01:37 PM

If you want the 4 speed just for the fun of it and you have the cash, go ahead. If you think it will be quicker, think again. Most modified cars at the drag strip are running automatics with a high stall converter. A clutch car is generally harder to hook up unless you have an adjustable clutch and the less parasitic drag is generally lost to consistency unless you run a Lenco or that type of clutch trans but they go for 14,000 new.
Nice cars Tuff, I had a 66 Chevy back in the early 70s and a 72 in the 90s.
If you are worried about numbers matching just take all that stuff out and save it as there are some who care about that. Personally I could care less and I like having something that is better than factory. The factory sure does not do everything right.
The Beretta I had was just a little off stock but it did have a factory Grille, Tail lights and Headlights. Motor was just a little bigger by about about 500 percent. The numbers matched my wallet but that was about it.  
[[SUPPORT AMERICAN CARS, STOMP A RICE CAR TODAY.]]

TO TOP