Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

85 BLAZER S10 350 SWAP

kiidj60
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/23/11 06:03 PM

I want to drop a 350 in my 85 blazer S10, and just wanted to know if there was going to be any problems I would run into during the swap so far as motor mounts, drive shaft length, etc....... HELP  

waynep7122
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 09/23/11 08:32 PM

whats in there now...

2.5... 2.8... 4.3....??????

2 wheel drive

4 wheel drive????

this swap has been done a LOT..

there should be articles on this swap spread out in the various magazines..

you might type .. S10 V8 swap into the search window at the upper right side.. above where it says community..

then you will probably want to pull down the menu bar.. and select the third link down..  then search again...

it will find you a lot of articles..  you might have to change the words..  to narrow it down..

the anti spam program.. has blocked me from doing what i normally post..  

papacharlie
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 09/23/11 10:04 PM

check out these sites; v8s10.org,s10dragracer.com,s10planet,s10racer. just a few i go on. a wealth of knowledge on these sites.  

papacharlie
Posted: 09/23/11 10:13 PM

sorry about the dbl post  

tuffnuff
Posted: 09/23/11 10:36 PM

No biggie Papa.,. it's all fixed now.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

kiidj60
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/24/11 10:56 AM

its a 2.8 and its 2 wheel drive.  

waynep7122
Posted: 09/24/11 11:49 AM

with the 2.8... you have to swap transmissions also.....

THESE PARTS *NEED* TO BE REMOVED-

Engine
Tranny
Radiator
Harness   (from the passenger side of the firewall..)  the wiring from the bulk head connector beside the master cylinder can stay.
Computer

THESE PARTS STAY-

Master Brake cylinder
AC/Heater boxes

THESE PARTS WILL BE *NEEDED* -

350 Engine (COMPLETE - IE Alternator, Intake, Fuel Injection unit, ect)
Engine mount adaptors
Headers
Tranny
Computer  (the computer harness unplugs easily from under the dashboard.. feeds through the small opening)
Harness
Radiator
Electric FANS

there is a way to pick up some more power without going all the way to a V8 by finding a 3.1 V6 chevy..

this was a popular swap..

you also have depending if its a feed back or NON feed back carb... some thing called a varajet carb...

the main jet is adjustable with a proper Double D tool once you carefully remove the 2 or 3 small screws without dropping them into the carb...   by running the engine at a fixed throttle position.. 2500 rpms...  till you get best engine speed...

The 2.8L to 3.4L swap is also pretty straight forward.

Basically you will be using the 3.4 long block and putting all of your 2.8L accessories on it.

There are a LOT of threads around concerning the subject.

intake, dizzy, exhaust manifolds(or headers), accessories, stock s10 computer for the 2.8 which you already have, water pump ... and readjusting your varajet main jet to avoid lean running...

if your truck has throttle body injection...   you may want to swap the injectors to a larger flow fuel injector..

the 2.8 TBI motors have a reversed sort of throttle body..  so its hard to swap a whole throttle body unit..   you might want to go to the 4.3 v6 injectors... but you probably have a carb..  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 09/24/11 12:16 PM

0202143617 01 1      its not that bad if you make some room first. Grin  

papacharlie
Posted: 09/24/11 09:21 PM

thanks, tuff. something funny with the quick reply  

papacharlie
Posted: 09/24/11 09:26 PM

don't know if you se it or not,tuff, but the quick reply has a message. says"message is either duplicated or blank,please enter a valid message for your post." if i click refresh i see the message i type in is visable. any ideas?  

waynep7122
Posted: 09/24/11 09:52 PM

warning.. the WHOLE Site is corrupted...  i actually called down to douglas street on thursday.. but could not get anybody .. the lady who answered the phone.. really did not know there was a forum...  on friday.. i was going to stop by as i was in the area... the wife was hungry.. so we went to chili's ..  did not make it to douglas street..  it was almost six pm.. figured everybody would be gone..

if you get a duplicated or problem message.. just ignore it..    click the forums link or the active posts link above left.. do NOT try to fix your post...

it may take a minute or two for it to actually show up...

i will try calling again.. i talked to david over at HRM last year.. it got fixed in an hour.. lasted for a LONG time..

if you get this message..

* Message is either duplicated or blank, please enter a valid message for your post

just ignore it.... most of the time your post goes through.. the pontiac site actually won't let me post all the time for some reason..  

TO TOP