Item Posts    Sort Order

proportioning valves

jay72319
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 04/13/11 01:18 PM

I need to know if I have 4 wheel disc brakes already and I am going to put a non adjustable 4 wheel disk brake proportioning valve on do I need to put an adjustable brake proportioning valve inline also? Or can I my own small needle valve ?  

Jerry  

Skylark
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 04/13/11 02:55 PM

Jerry, this is hard to determine what you want?Do you know what disk brake's look like? O.K. let me back up. why do you want to change what you have and by the way WHAT do you have? this is NOT a generic Question! Brake's are a System that must be looked at as a whole(one unit) car or truck type and problem you are Experienceing are required at this point or there isn't much we can respond to!P.S. has anyone heard from SAD 41 about his brakes? I really want to know what he has done and what's doing.I really felt like I said something wrong to He and Wayne7122 tho the advice I gave Is correct but the line about self adjusters could have been put more Politely.So Sorry.JP  

jay7231934
Posted: 04/14/11 09:32 AM

Of course I know what disc brakes look like. I have a FatMan Mustang II front end with disc brakes with Trans Am rearend with disc brakes under a 1948 Lincoln Continental. Master Cylinder setup is from a GTO that has disc drum brakes. Question is when I read in Speedway magazine about proportioning valve disc/disc part # 910-31352 it says that it is a non adjustable and may require an adjustable valve in the rear brakes is it advisable to get the adjustable valve or not? Or can we use a needle valve. Not too sure what kind of valves are being used for this application. I have needle valves that can be adapted to the brake lines. Don't know much about this never had to change before but building a streetrod and am at a loss.  

68scott385
Posted: 04/14/11 12:14 PM

Use one adjustable proportioning valve.  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385

Skylark
Posted: 04/14/11 12:15 PM

Sorry man, the way the words run together in the opening I was unsure of what you wanted.My solution would be to get a M/C off the T/A or an early corvette a mid 70's would be good.then use the Adjustable valve,I say that 'cause it seems the T/a rear has a larger disc than a Mustang II front?Speedway catalog Pg.119 top of page.just looking quickly I don't see the ----352,but the 353 or 4 or Wilwood is what I would use.This will Make you Sick, I totaled a MKII in a parking lot of a Strip joint in Atlanta about 1970.I hit a cement filled pipe they had as a divider in the lot.Really wasn't moving that fast Hell I was in  parking lot. Worse It wasn't Mine.The guy took my 53 Studebaker as Payment.  

jay723
Posted: 04/15/11 06:28 AM

Thank you for the info.  This is the first car I've worked on Detroit Iron in 40 something years lol.  BTW how do you stay signed up for this site without having to create a new account every time?  Everytime I post I have to create a new account because it will not take my username and password when I try to sign in again?
Thanks,

Jerry  

68scott385
Posted: 04/15/11 07:05 AM

Don't sign out. Crazy  
I don't know.  Several people on various site have had that same problem.  
68scott385 68scott385 68scott385

TO TOP