Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

holleys 6212 (800dp)

4doormadman
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 06/14/11 02:37 PM

I just put my 383sbc my car and my Holley 6212 is just not going to run,I put my 1850 (600) and it runs great till 5000 rpm. My idel in drive is 550 and when the 800 goes on it will not run under 2500? I put in as stock and then put in a block off.
My 800 has a 45 power valve and a block off in the back 63 and 90 jets it came with 63 and 86 and 65 power valves ran it both ways.

Motor is 10-1, lift with 1.6 rockers 533-544, 236 242 @50 soild,vic jr intake Aluminun heads.
Rebuild carb 2 times and can't get to work!
Any help would be great as someone told me they can leak from the side brackets?
Confused  

Skylark
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 06/15/11 06:32 PM

that should be a great carb for that engine.suprised that it will Idle at 550 smoothly,first suspect assumeing no gaskets are leaking is the primary blade angle factory jets are 62 and 85 so the 63 and 86 are close a 25 shooter and stay with the 4.5 valve. why won't it Idle. Gas or Vacuum leak,Is fuel leaking into carb? how are the brakes?does it stall when you put on the brakes?don't know what you mean Side Brackets.  

Skylark
Posted: 06/15/11 06:42 PM

Fro Doo(4door)If ya wanna Talk More about what I think Is the best Street Carb EVER then this thread should be in Car Engine,I have A 600 and an 800 dbl.pumper and Love them much.  

tuffnuff
Posted: 06/16/11 10:46 AM

Here is a pic of the idle circuit.,. check it out step by step, cuz that carb should work great on the 383.

Holleyidlecircuitdiagram

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

devine69
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 06/16/11 10:17 PM

check for vacuum leaks and also make sure valves are adjusted right. if so the carb 600 is not a big performer for power. poss jet it up and work with it  good luck  
old school racing--god bless us all

4doormadman
Posted: 06/30/11 03:37 PM

Thank for all your help.
The carb was leaking fuel and I think the manifold vacuum chamber has a crack.
On to the next carb and at least this one runs.  

Chevlac
Posted: 03/27/12 03:07 PM

It's too bad that, your carb turned out to be bad. I surely hope to not find mine
to be a "junker" also. Anyway,
thanks "Tuffnuff" for those pics of the metering body. Is that of the secondary, or primarary end? I hope it's the secondary. Would you have pics of a 650's (List#6210) secondary metering body to do a "side-by-side" comparison of the two metering bodies to see the difference (if any) between the two? I want to make absolute sure that what I want to do, can be done. That is, swapping the float bowls from the 650 cfm carb onto the 800 cfm carb. Also, I would like to know (for absolute sure) if the throttle body (bottom plates) can be swapped between the two carbs also?  

Chevlac
Posted: 04/02/13 06:54 PM

Well, even though this is a "resurrection" of an "older" thread, but I have some
"updates" to post here. I went & did a "custom" (if you will) build of the "List #
6212" & it's now an almost exact copy of a "6211 or 6213" but with the (4150/4160)
style manual choke. I used the float bowls from a "List # 6210" so that it can be a "emissions compatible" carb & also fit onto my stock E.G.R. intake manifold. Another thing that I've gotten my self into is, swapping out the old (steel) gas tank that leaks & isn't "upgrade-able" as the fuel line connections are (permanently) welded into the tank. So, since I have a '93 Caprice that's destined to be chopped up for parts, I was thinking of "up dating" the fuel delivery system from the "old-but-true" mechanical (engine mounted) fuel pump & steel (rust prone) gas tank to a modern plastic gas tank & "in-tank" electrically powered fuel pump. I know that the "F.I." pumps are way too powerful for a carburetor, unless... one installs an "Aftermarket" Bypass fuel regulator between the tank & carb. I Chose a "Mallory" model 4309 regulator as it's (supposed) to be the one that's made for use with a "Factory G.M." high pressure in-tank type fuel pump that's "feeding" a carburetor instead of a throttle body injector. I also know that I had to install a fuel line that has a fitting "in line" that's made to mount a fuel pressure gauge to "monitor" the "output" pressure coming from the regulator & near the carb. I have a "Mr. Gasket" (brand) fuel line & pressure gauge connected to the carb now, but still waiting for the regulator to come in from "Summit Racing Products". It "should be here" by the end of this week. Processing the money order
I sent them is the reason for the delay in shipment.  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 04/03/13 09:16 AM

its always fun when a plan comes together. Cool    post some pics when you get time.  

TO TOP