Item Posts    Sort Order

grandfathers 67 chevelle

4x4play
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/17/09 09:07 PM

I HAVE MY GRANDFATHERS ORIGINAL 67 CHEVELLE THAT HE BOUGHT NEW IN SAN FRANCISCO.  MY DAD BOUGHT IT FROM HIM ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO, AND IT BEEN COVERED EVER SINCE.  IT HAS A STRAIGH SIX WITH A POWERGLIDE TRANNY.  ITS A 2 DOOR AND GREEN. ITS LITERALLY NEVER BEEN TOUCHED.... ORIGINAL PAINT, INTERIOR, HUBCAPS ENGINE, EVERYTHING. EVEN HAS ORIGINAL PAPERWORK IN THE GLOVEBOX.  
BEFORE WE START RESTORING IT, I WAS JUST CURIOUS HOW MUCH IT MIGHT BE WORTH, OR WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO FIND OUT.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, KEV!  

raspred67
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/23/09 12:37 AM

Wow you are lucky! What kind of restoring are you talking about? Be careful because I know the closer they are to original the more they are worth. Google 1967 Chevelle, you should be able to get an idea of how much it's worth. I have a 67 Malibu, not close to original but nice, new motor, new paint. Some guy in the store parking lot asked me if I wanted to sell it. I told him he could have it for 10 grand mostly to get him to leave but he asked for my phone number and called me later that evening and that was about 10 years ago. No, I didn't sell it to him but I was suprised he was willing to pay that much for it.  

chevman24
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 09/23/09 07:12 AM

How far are you going with the restoration? It sounds like it doesnt need a restoration. Especially if it hasnt been touched. Replace all of the old fluids. Prime the oil system, spray some lubricant in the cylinders, get a new battery and see if it runs.  

SMOKESHOW
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 09/23/09 06:42 PM

See how much you can insure it for, that will give a relative top dollar value for your car.  There are specialty insurance companies that do nothing but classic and collectable cars.  See what kind of replacement value you can insure it for, it will probably be more than you could actually sell it for, but it will be a ball park for max value.  There is a lot to be said for sentimental value though.  

TO TOP