Item Posts    Sort Order

putting an 700r4 into an early gm ?

www.mason1@hotmail.com
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 05/05/06 10:20 AM

i just came across this 700 transmission to put into my monte carlo its an 80 model monte.i just wanted to know what knd of modifications i am going to have to do to make this work?its going to be sittin behind an small block 350 nonelectronic.could somebody give me the run down on this fit? please dont tell me that i am going to have to cut my drive shaft. i mean i will if i have to if its not going to be that dificult thanks for the support!!!!!!!  

chevnut-#001
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 05/06/06 06:26 AM

I have done it on my 67 camaro,the crossmember needs to be moved back,the driveshaft needs to be shortened i found the wright one in a junk yard the th 350 yoke works,and i installed a wire kit from painless,its easy 2 wires but you do need the kickdown cable for your shift points that i found out the hard way,its not to hard but its worth it ,i have a 305 tpi 14 second car,and my buddy has a 11 second 406 69 camaro i wave when i go buy him on the highway and gas station.   

www.mason1@hotmail.com
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 05/08/06 10:07 AM

so your sayin that the 350 yoke out of the one you found in the junkyard works or the one that was already in your car worked? i have an montecarlo.will the yoke in the monte carlo work or should i find another one?i read an article in the chevy high performance tech section stating that i will have to switch to an 400 tranny switch thats on the outside of the transmission im not sure what all i'l have to do please help because all i have is an 3 speed 350 transmission thats killin me on gas sittin behind my carb 350 small block thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!  

TO TOP