Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

Flow Data on Bow Tie Heads?

prankstar
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 04/26/06 11:51 AM

Hi, I was wondering if somebody had flow data or a link on Chevy Bow Tie Phase 1, 2, or 3 Cylinder heads in stock form?  Why is it so hard to find this information.  I'm trying to compare these heads to Dart Iron eagle 200 and 215's.  Thanks  

GibTG
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 04/26/06 03:34 PM

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tablehdc.htm#Chevy

~Gibs

~Gibs

prankstar
Posted: 04/26/06 09:51 PM

Your the man!  I've been looking all week for that kind of info.  What does CCM mean though?  The numbers seem kinda low but I was expecting that, but hoping for better.  Thanks  

Posted: 05/12/06 01:15 PM

at the top of the page you'll see where it says "ccm" is an article supplied by car craft magazine.they are correct though.i have a set of iron bowtie's and the info is in the GM PERFORMANCE PARTS CATALOG.i have a couple of books by david vizard,HOW TO BUILD AND MODIFY CHEVROLETSMALL BLOCK V-8 CYLINDER HEADS,and also VALVE TRAINS, and was reading it last nite and saw that there's a guy in utah by the name of JERRY GOODALE,who ports them to 230 cc's intake runner and gets 285 cfm on the  intake @.700" valve lift,2.05 valve.

these heads were introduced in 1980 from a culmination of info from all the chevy heads particularly the 492,186 aand 292 turbo head.they have extra thick deck surface for angle milling for all kinds of racing and extra marerial in the runners for porting.in stock form they flowed more air than any other production head until the vortec.most people don't do their home work when it comes to the two heads and are misinformed.you can do more to the iron bowtie than the original vortec and i beieve it can keep up with the vortec when properly worked.the reason it never got much credit was because it came out just before the explosion of the aftermarket aluminum heads and aluminum is so much easier to weld,grind and repair and gets better c.r.'s.it was just bad luck for the 034.with a 2.05 intake valve and minimal porting on the ex. side you can see gains of 20 h.p. in a days work.not to mention the intake side and angle grinding the combustion chamber to smaller no.'s.i like mine and am going to keep them.

TO TOP