Item Posts    Sort Order

TPI install

Cleatus57
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/13/08 08:38 AM

-Want to install an 89 305 TPI engine and 5 speed manual transmission in my 57 chevy
-I initially intended to use original wiring harness from camaro
-Began to reconsider when installing steering column from camaro (I began to realize that when work on the car, I only get enough time to bolt things together rather that troubleshoot and match wires for the ignition switch, guages, turnsignals...etc, car ends up sitting for months, blah blah blah)
-Now considering purchasing a wiring harness from painless or competitor (I don't even know who thier competitors are, suggesstions anyone?)
-I am also considering purchasing a stainless steel steering column from flaming river
-I guess I want to try to make work what I have before I invest in these expensive parts but need to talk with others that have pursued similar projects to the one I am working on
-any help will be appreciated.  

leviakashock
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 07/13/08 11:43 AM

your tpi will not work without the computer.  so you have to use it.  i doubt that you can buy a wiring harness after market for your gm tpi that will not require being wired into all the other ecm controlled functions.  you have only two choices:

(1)if you want the tpi then you have to use the computer...

or

(2) you don't use the computer and you ditch the entire tpi setup and put a carburater on the 305.  

55Guy
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 07/14/08 06:02 AM

Contact FAST (they're part of Comp Cams) they have controllers specifically for this kind of install. Another possibility is a Mega Squirt system.  

benny2009
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/03/09 02:34 AM

Image problems in the websites are one of the most common happenings, we can see the image problems in various sites too. It will be fine for the surfers if these problems are quickly rectified.

=====================================================
Benny

New Cars  

TO TOP