12 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

1970 monte carlo assistance needed

SteveC33
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/23/07 12:42 PM

im working on restoring a 70 monte to off the line factory condition, except i have a huge problem, so far as i know i cant find any parts for the body and certain interior peices  

mrcrappie
Posted: 06/17/07 06:54 AM

not sure what body part you are needing but the parts are not as easily obtained as chevelle parts are! here are a few links.

http://www.opgi.com/indexhome.asp

http://www.harmons.com/

http://www.carsinc.com/

http://www.koniksklassiks.com/

http://www.paddockparts.com/Paddock/assets/html/homepage.asp?URLCheck=1

Dont know if you were aware of these or not but they might help you out, I was impressed with Konicks Klassics for body parts they have a variety of used stuf as well as used refurbished body panels!!! Happy Hunting  

montecarlomadness-#002
Posted: 06/17/07 09:49 AM

well i know what you are going through i myself am restoring a 70 monte carlo but i got lucky and found what i needed rotting in abandoned junk yard but i know ebay has some stuff and year one but year one is expensive. but just go to ebay motors and put in 1970 monte carlo and what they have will come up...good luck and dont give up on this car...not many are left that i have found  

SteveC33
Posted: 07/04/07 02:29 AM

Ok so i figured out exactly what i need

Windsheild
rear window
weather stripping
floorpan for patches
rear quarters
window gutter just behind backseat window
seats front and back or leather covers
carpet
mats
hood ornament
trunklid
vinyl top
rear bumper trim
front left fender
driver side hingles
front inner wheel wells

and parts i would like because i am changing the color scheme
headliner
and dash wich im pretty sure i could dye

apart from rechroming and rust the car is mechanically sound

also theres an antenna in the trunk and a radio in the dash but no visible mounting place for said antenna

also id like to upgrade the headlights and signal lights does anyone make led kits and would painless be able to make a wiring harness  

SteveC33
Posted: 07/04/07 02:33 AM

also im interested in as much new metal as possible instead of refurbished i mean you wouldnt want refurbished underwear

and i dont know where or when but my monte picked up matching red circle chevy badges with gold bowties on the front fender about knee high, they are about an inch and a half in diameter, i dont like them but id save them if theyre valuable or can tell me something about the car  

liteyeer
Posted: 10/19/07 10:31 AM

Hi
this is cool more people trying to restore a 1970 monte carlo
I just picked one up and yes its tough to find parts
but this is more labor of love hopefully I will be able to restore it to a nice looking car.
take care  

v-man1
Posted: 12/05/07 10:56 AM

Maybe I'm in the wrong thread but I just finished restoring a 71' monto carlo. Now I'm Shocked  trying to rebuild a 502c.i. to fit snuggly into it. shooting for 600+ hp 550+ torque.  Grin  

spacechimp
Posted: 06/12/08 06:00 PM

http://car-part.com/
www.firstgenerationmontecarlo.com  

nates70
Posted: 07/09/08 06:45 PM

THE ANTENNA IS LOCATED IN THE WINDSHIELD.  i HAVE A 70 ALSO I AM HAVING TROUBLE LOCATING A DECENT GRILLE  

arnold2008
Posted: 09/05/08 11:29 PM

The site provides very useful information.If you want any information regarding body parts of certain cars you can get it on this site.A very useful site.
======================================================
Arnold
Used Cars  

williamrichard
Posted: 09/29/08 04:40 AM

Through this forum is very intersting topics are avilables namely so far as i know i cant find any parts for the body and certain interior peices .
====================================================
williamrichard    

Used Cars  

fatty77
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 09/30/08 03:25 PM

i have a 71 monte and i have used original parts group for the few things that i needed.
they have everything for the car repop and oem style parts.  
Montes Rule

packratt
Posted: 09/30/08 04:10 PM

Original Parts Group is one of the best places for repro parts. Their catalog is online now at their website. They do not mail out catalogs for the first gens anymore.

The best place for information is the First Generation Monte Carlo Club. Their web site is www.firstgenerationMonteCarlo.com

Good Luck!  

DogRocket1967
Posted: 05/20/09 10:32 AM

As far as the antenna there will not be a mounting place for it but i do know there is one in the wind shield factory.  its those two lines you see running up and down in the windshield.  Also there is a company that makes a under the dash radio antenna kit.  Since the windshield in the dash is not the best reception they have one you can put under your dash that is not visible to pick up the radio better no one but you would ever know and you can crank up the fav jams  

donnieb50
Posted: 10/01/09 06:25 AM

I just finished a three year off the frame of my original big block 4 speed car. The least expensive place I found for Monte parts is Modern Chevrolet, in North Carolina I believe. These guys really care and it has been a joy buying my parts from them they really know their stuff. Monte front fenders are differnt from year to year as the pin locations for the bezels are different. So try to find 70 fenders and bezels. 72 bezels won't work at all as park lights are in the grill. The panel under the back glass is the same as the Chevelle and will work with some trimming. Interior is 70 only, 71 and 2 were the same. 70 has a pleated look while 71 and 2 were squared with buttons. Bumper front same as 70 ElCamino, rear bumpers the same 70,1 and 2. If you need any more info just post your question I know this car very well as I've had mine for 25 years and know what you are going through. The Monte is finally coming up to its own and has been overlooked far too long.  

12 Last
TO TOP