spark plug wires

Super Chevy
Item Posts    Sort Order

spark plug wires

chevyboi22 chevyboi22
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 17 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 03/07/13
08:33 PM

I put brand new ac delco platinum plugs pn# 41-906 in my car. I start it up ever saturday and let it run for about 30 mins. Well i took it to a exhaust shop to get it the exhaust done and the guy went to start it and it wouldnt fire. He takes the spark pligs out and he said the look like they eere use for a while, so he cleans them put them back in then it fires. Now my problem is is there a better spark plug out there that i could use i dont wanna have this problem when im actually driving it some where.  

waynep71222 waynep71222
My first time was in a Chevy | Posts: 218 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 03/08/13
09:40 AM

what were they fouled with...

have you adjusted the carb properly.. so you are running on the idle circuits... with the idle mixture screws adjusted using a vacuum gauge...   lean drop method..

if its idling fast.. on the idle transition circuits.. extended idle will foul the spark plugs...

if the choke is not opening fully.. it will foul the spark plugs..

if you have a vacuum gauge..
Fuelpumpvacuumtester

i will expand on how to adjust the idle mixture screws for proper idle..  

chevyboi22 chevyboi22
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 17 | Joined: 02/12
Posted: 03/08/13
09:24 PM

Well its fuel injected. And its a chevy lt1 actually its a 355 lt1.  

pepsi1 pepsi1
Big Block power for the win | Posts: 940 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 03/09/13
04:01 PM

Whats the LT1 in?

The plugs if too cold a heat range they will foul. Without the exhaust you ran it long enough to get some heat in the cylinders. You don't know what he did to start it. IE. Did it fire and he shut it off and then tried to refire it again.

Bob