dbw to dbc

Super Chevy
Item Posts    Sort Order

dbw to dbc

gix6 gix6
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 17 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 01/01/13
06:02 PM

where can I find info on how to change my dbw to dbc   what all do I  need to change when converting it to dbc, what do I do with the plugs from the dbw TB  

waynep71222 waynep71222
My first time was in a Chevy | Posts: 218 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 01/02/13
01:14 AM

Drive by Wire to Drive by cable is what he is talking about...

the real issue is... why not just install the DBW throttle pedal.. and the wiring to the computer harness.. as you are going to have to have the supercharged motors computer .. and if you go to Drive by cable.. you are going to have to get into SERIOUS COMPUTER PROGRAMMING..  and you still might as there are probably going to be differences in the speedo output sensor signal... oh.. and don't think that not needed.. its totally needed...

you cannot run the supercharged computer with a NON supercharged PCM....  

gix6 gix6
Posted: 01/03/13
01:11 PM

so I cant just reprogram my computer??   what does pcm stand for??  I would like to keep the dbw im just not sure how to convert the other engine over.?.?.?.?  

waynep71222 waynep71222
My first time was in a Chevy | Posts: 218 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 01/03/13
10:31 PM

well..  

if you have DBW then you don't have an ECM you have a PCM...   you might also have a TCM.. but i don't dabble deeply into the newer model cars...

are you aware that there are MORE DBW people over at this sister magazine that might be able to help???

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/

your user name and password will work there also...

ECM... engine control module,  runs mostly the engine controls on OBD1 models

PCM power train control module.  runs engine and transmission shifting on obd1 and OBD2 models.. also controls alternator output..

TCM... Traction control module...  handles a bunch of stuff with the brakes.. but also can command the throttle and other functions of the engine and transmission along with the antilock brake system..  it can actually APPLY the brakes without you touching the brake pedal..

BCM.. body control module..  this runs on various cars.. the HVAC.. heating ventlation and air conditioning systems.  some times things like the headlight dimming.. usually the dash board and digital information centers.

there are SO many variations on what you are trying to do..

and you will need tremendous amounts of info to make a wise choice...

with drive by wire throttle bodies.. to VERIFY the throttle blade is actually moving..

the  DBW TPS has 6 wires on it.. Throttle position sensor....   one half of the TPS has an increasing voltage... that starts at 0.5 volts and goes up to 4.5 volts... the other half starts at 4.5 volts and drops to 0.5 volts...

the DBC TPS usually only has 3 wires on it... starts at 0.5 volts and goes to 4.5 volts as the throttle is opened..

so.... its NOT a direct swap...

but.. guess what... with advanced capabilities...  you can REFLASH PCMs... rewrite the computer programing..   very little is impossible nowadays in the automotive field... it only costs more..

would you like to read some more articles on stuff.. there are about 40 car and truck magazines on this site...  

gix6 gix6
Posted: 01/04/13
12:39 PM

thanks for the link    I need as much help as possible