computer programmers

Super Chevy
Item Posts    Sort Order

computer programmers

gix6 gix6
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 17 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/20/12
02:24 PM

will my stock 99 3.8 Camaro computer run a 00 grand prix supercharged 3.8   what do I need to do to make it compatible or where is a good placed to get it programmed  

idrivejunk idrivejunk
My first time was in a Chevy | Posts: 128 | Joined: 04/10
06:16 PM

NO! Theres a lot more than just the computer thats different. ZZPerformance is one place that mods 3800 computers.  
idrivejunk

pepsi1 pepsi1
Big Block power for the win | Posts: 940 | Joined: 03/11
10:30 PM

+1 Matt.

Get all the help you can get before swapping any parts over. When you received the 99 version you should have taken as many parts as you could have.
  This question came up before the other.

gix6 you should have kept the questions all together. It would definatley helped us from not bouncing around...Good Luck. Grin  Cool
Bob  

pepsi1 pepsi1
Big Block power for the win | Posts: 940 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 12/22/12
08:17 AM

Back in the day I worked at Sikorsky Helicopter. To a point back then we were starting to work with FBW it is nothing really new it's just been refined to the point where it seems to work very well.
  I have a 2006 Impala with it, and it works Okay. I had a talk with the Owner/Service Manger at the chevy dealer I do business with. With all that said.
  Like Matt said you can't mix and match parts to these puzzles today. You don't want a throttle to hang open at WOT. Not Good at all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Bob  

gix6 gix6
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 17 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 12/26/12
07:19 PM

I have the 99 3.8 and the 2000 supercharged 3.8. both are complete with wiring harness. since the car was originally dbw, should I convert the engine to dbw or should I convert the car to dbc? either way how or what all do I have to convert over I kno im going to have to reprogram the computer but im lost on the rest.    thanks