Values

Super Chevy
Item Posts    Sort Order

Values

shumate88 shumate88
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 5 | Joined: 11/12
Posted: 11/17/12
08:29 PM

I have had the occasion to run across what I feel, based on my brief investigation is a rather rare part in my parts bin... I have an original GM aluminum intake for a 1962 Corvette P/N 3795397.  I would like to know what the approximate value on this piece.  I also have come across another "rare" find... I have an original copy of the performance catalog featured in the editorial column this months SUPER CHEVY.  I do have an original "Nickey Chevrolet" Horsepower catalog.  What would an approximate value be for this item?  My wife contends that I am crazy, that the book I have is not the one featured in the magazine.  I am absolute on this.  Curious  

waynep71222 waynep71222
My first time was in a Chevy | Posts: 218 | Joined: 04/12
10:35 PM

$775.00 used
eBay
Sbc Gm 1962 62 Corvette 327 Aluminum Intake 3795397 Hi-perf....... ...
*** One excellent original 1962 Chevy Corvette aluminum intake # 3795397. Used on 340 horsepower cars, with RPO 396. This is one nice piece, with the only flaw we see is one ...

$950.00 used
eBay - proteam47gc
1962 Corvette Original Intake Manifold 3795397 Alum
1962 Original Aluminum Corvette 4bbl. Intake Manifold Part #3795397 1962 Original Aluminum Corvette 4bbl. Intake Manifold. Small block with 340hp. GM Part #3795397. Holley carb ...

$885.00 used
eBay
62 Corvette Alum Intake Restored, Top Flight Ncrs Or Bloomington ...
We are selling some of our collection of Corvette and Camaro alum manifolds we have restored. We are professional restorers of aluminum Corvette parts. We have restored many ...  

pepsi1 pepsi1
Big Block power for the win | Posts: 940 | Joined: 03/11
10:42 PM

shumate88

You bet it is old piece and what its worth today is what the traffic will bare.Condition! I can tell you this its for a 1962 Covette (ONLY) 340/327 AL,AFB.
  I have a lot of old parts, but I will not sell them for what I have been offered.
  I have an original Cross Ram for the 302. With both carbs. You know what I was offered. $500. I told the A-Hole before I sell it to you you can watch me chop it up...LOL... Of course I didn't mean it. The guy was an idiot. I only know him, because he works with someone I knew. He'll put it on E-Bay for $6,500. I worked at a huge Chevy Dealer at night doing new car prep back in the 1960's. This was a dealer installed item. It came in a plain jane Camaro and was never ordered. The night shift manager told me to put it under my bench. Yap it went in the trunk of my car. It stayed there noone ever asked for it I have it. All the correct Numbers.There are (2) seperate numbers for the top and bottom and has a Winter Foundry Snowflake on it also. The (2) carbs also. Grin  Cool

Bob  

shumate88 shumate88
Posted: 11/18/12
07:44 AM

Bob
I understand the "what the market will bare" stuff.  I would just like to know a good starting place.  I was aware from my research the it was a Corvette only manifold.  Not really interested to sell, but one never knows!?! Wink
My dad worked for a Chevy dealer here in NC in the late 60's and early 70's as well.  Oh to have a time machine.... Grin
Thanks for the info.  Look forward to talking agian.

PS:  I was shocked to see the "Nickey" catalog in this month's issue...I never really have seen another one.
Later  

shumate88 shumate88
07:52 AM

Wayne
Thanks for the info.  I never really know how accurate the prices are on EBAY.  You know everyone thinks their stuff is gold.  Just like what Bob said, I could watch my stuff rust away before having some guy beat me up on it. Mad  At this time not really looking to sell as much as just getting an idea of where I'm at.  Cool
Again thanks, look forward to talking again.  

pepsi1 pepsi1
Big Block power for the win | Posts: 940 | Joined: 03/11
04:44 PM

Shumate88: Now you have an idea of how old I am...LOL...

Your right the prices on E-Bay have become so bloated over the years. I use to sell parts on E-Bay late 90's early 2000 and they had a small fee they charged when you sold a part. Now you have to pay a percent of the sale price, then all those other crappy this that and the other thing . Even if you don't use their services you still pay for them. It's BS that's all it is. The big fish eating the little fish.

Bob