72 monty carlo

Super Chevy
Item Posts    Sort Order

72 monty carlo

cooncat cooncat
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/12
Posted: 09/27/12
06:01 AM

anyone have info on puting manual transmission and floor shifter in a 1972 monty carlo with bench seats  

88chevytruck 88chevytruck
V-6 Camaros rule! | Posts: 60 | Joined: 05/12
09:17 AM

ANd was wondering why no user name came up but  No info on how to do it but I know guy that did but he got bucket seats from another Monte and just got rid of bench but im sure somebody who done it come along  

pepsi1 pepsi1
Big Block power for the win | Posts: 940 | Joined: 03/11
10:19 PM

88chevytruck:

It's been that way almost the month of September. We were concerned that we had a Hacker amoungst us. I had a problem last month, but Tuffnuff our Moderator found just a glitch. Everything Okay and running now... Confused

Bob  

pepsi1 pepsi1
10:23 PM

72 Monte Carlo welcome to Super Chevy...

Tell us what you have as far as parts. Especially the clutch and brake pedal assembly, and whatever your going to install. Trans type (I know manual), but is it GM? Fill in some of the blanks.Please, that way we can help you.

Bob  

pepsi1 pepsi1
10:25 PM

This way all the guys of the forum will Chime in. Wait until you see how Wayne gives you information...LOL...

Bob  

Posted: 09/28/12
03:23 AM

Yeah that what I was thinking it was a hacker :@  I was little afraid to even be on his post because wouldnt let me post without a user name glad to hear its not a hacker :-D  

pepsi1 pepsi1
Posted: 09/28/12
09:47 PM

88chevytruck:

Your welcome. It is a scary situation. I posted more on the long connecting rod syndrome. Hope it helps.

Bob  

Posted: 09/29/12
04:38 PM

Let me ask a question 72 Monte are u wanting specifics on installing parts to make it work or asking if it fit with bench seat in there if wondering bout specifics I know u have change master cylinder to manual one u will have to cut hole to install peddle and hole for shifter where u will need help from other is im not sure if transmission crossmember is the same with both auto and manual u can get one if need it or maybe modify that one and other thing is if transmission are same lengths then u will have to have driveshaft cut down or new one made not sure which is longer or if same size maybe somebody with specifics. Will help just thought id tell u all of the problems I knew of