ENGINE CUTTING OUT

Super Chevy
Item Posts    Sort Order

ENGINE CUTTING OUT

silverado-hd silverado-hd
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 19 | Joined: 09/12
Posted: 09/06/12
11:39 PM

i have a 427 tall deck that i am running in my pulling truck. having trouble with it cutting out and falling on its face at 4500-5400 rpm when its under a load. a buddy of mine thinks it is leaning out but not sure. im running a reman 800 cfm q-jet off of a 500 caddy so i think it would b putting out plenty of fuel. and the motor also seems to over heat at idle all the time. i have a big 4 row radiator in it and i think its a 7 blade fan with full shroud. but cant figure it out. can anyone help? Confused  

pepsi1 pepsi1
Big Block power for the win | Posts: 940 | Joined: 03/11
Posted: 09/07/12
03:41 AM

Check your other post  

briando briando
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 12 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 09/21/12
09:58 AM

sounds like a lame answer to fix your truck, but i would tell you to look at a fuel system cleaner. it may be getting plenty of it, but it may be full of crap by time its gettin to the engine. i know BG is a decent one, but just about everybody makes one. be sure to check if yours needs solvent or detergent based before you make any decisions tho  

waynep71222 waynep71222
My first time was in a Chevy | Posts: 218 | Joined: 04/12
Posted: 09/21/12
12:59 PM

no..  not a lame answer...

directing members to a duplicate thread...  no use posting answers on two threads...

there are 38 replys on the other thread..

usually a moderator will spot the duplicate and delete it... to avoid double answers

the title is the same... engine cutting out...