Super Chevy
1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

1962 Impala SS Golden Anniversary

kenzink kenzink
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/13/06
06:03 AM

I would like any info pertaining to this car. I'm looking at buying one. It's supossed to  be a #'s matching Impala SS Golden Ann. It has a 327, 300,Hp.,Pwr.Str. Pwr Brake, A/C Auto. and Radio. The Automatic is supposed to be the aluminum case trans. Also the car is two tone in color. It has a White top, with a Gold color bottom.The interior is also gold cloth on the seats and the dash also is gold.  This 62 Impala SS doesn't have the anodized panel in the rear, it's just a Silver painted one. The Impala seems to be in very good condition. Any information on this would be greatly appriciated. Is there any way of knowing how many were made? Please let me know if you can help me on this. Thanks Ken  

goodbrush goodbrush
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/22/06
01:04 AM

I was told that only 324 impala like this were made in 1962.  The 327's with an aluminum powerglide trans were brought out in late 1962 making them sorta 1962 1/2 cars.  However Chevrolet brought out that package early in 1962 for the Golden Ann model only, that is why the back panel is smooth.  This car is a truly rare find and is worth its weight in gold.  A restored chevy like this is well received at $60-80K.  If you don't buy it please let us know where it is.
Thanks  

goodbrush goodbrush
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/22/06
01:56 AM

Ken,
If you don't buy this car our company would be interested in purchasing it.  It is a rare find.
goodbrush@hotmail.com  

armprime armprime
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/05/06
11:28 PM

I am currently restoring a golden anniversay 1962 impala ss, matching numbers, 283, pwr glide.  The car was complete when purchased with all original body parts.  The car is undergoing a complete restoration and will be completed in 8 to 12 months.  The project began 03/06.  The car was purchased from a 72 year old elderly man in mid to late 2005. The original ignition key and booklet were provided.  The car is originally from Ohio.  

Verne_Frantz Verne_Frantz
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/08/07
10:23 AM

To clear something up on the '62 Anniversary Gold Impalas, The 927 gold paint color was only available as a solid color; no two-tones. Also, any '62 Super Sport would only have an all vinyl bucket seat interior; no cloth on the seats. A quick check of the cowl tag information for the Trim code and Paint codes will confirm whether it's really an Anniversary Gold car and if it's really a Super Sport. The Trim code is specific for a bucket seat interior, and buckets were only offered with the Super Sport option.
Early production '62 Super Sports did not come with the machine turned trunk panel. That panel became available in Dec. '61 in production. Also, every '62 327 automatic received the new aluminum Powerglide. 283 an 6cyl cars still received the old cast iron version.
Wink Verne  

DooWoop DooWoop
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 9 | Joined: 08/07
Posted: 10/09/07
05:03 PM

One thing is for sure here, Buying a vintage car or classic car will cost you a lot...

smelia smelia
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/17/07
07:35 PM

I have a 1962 Impala Super Sport 327-300HP 4-Speed car with 79K miles

** FOR SALE **

This is a TRUE VIN stamped motor, transmission and date correct POSI rear axle with ORIGINAL PAINT!

The firewall/Cowl still has the Green Grease marker writing from Fisher Body designating it a 4 Speed car to the assembly line.

This car was originally purchased from Fortino & Jackson Chevrolet Co in Pueblo CO. I purchased it from the third owner in Pueblo about 2 years ago.
The factory options on this car: Super Sport, Factory Tach, Positration rear-end, 327-300HP (Corvette Engine Option), Dual Exhaust, Paint code 927 (Anniversary Gold), Trim code 891 (Yellow-Gold Vinyl Bucket seats).

The 327-300HP engine has the CORRECT dated Heads ( 3782461X - Professionally done by a Corvette Restoration Shop – with hardened valve seats and new valves and springs – they are beautiful), Intake ( 3799349 ) and Exhaust manifolds (2.5 inch), and Carburetor (Carter AFB 3269S – For Std shift only). I also have the correct 4-barrel air cleaner and a NOS CAM ( 3732798 ) that has never been installed. This engine combination alone is worth upwards of $5,000.00 to Chevy and Corvette enthusiasts that are looking for CORRECT dated items.

The body is 99% rust free. It has a silver dollar rust spot on both front fender dog legs, passenger side wheel wheel lip (About 2 inches), and the rear drivers side body mount in the trunk area. It has the original paint still on the car. The interior is all there including the Bucket seats, Console Box, Grab Bar, 4-Speed shift Plate and Factory CORRECT Tachometer.
I also have the NOS seat insert material that they are not reproducing to my knowledge, a new Hurst shifter with CORRECT 1962 Impala SS shift handle and Impala SS hubcaps.

This car was running and driving when I took the heads off, 18 mos or so ago, because it was running rough. The valve seats needed replacing because of the many years of unleaded gasoline. The transmission shitted just fine and all gears worked. The engine will need putting back together for this car to be on the road again. I can have this done for a small fee if required.

They did not produce very many of the Golden Anniversary models and especially the 327-300HP 4-speeds.  

DRJ13 DRJ13
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/12/08
12:54 PM

I am looking at buying a 62 SS Golden Anniversary, partially restored - I see in the thread the paint code 927 (Anniversary Gold), Trim code 891.  Are they confirmed accurate?  The engine is a 409 - what range of value should I consider?  

FREISTY_62. FREISTY_62.
06:33 PM

I HAVE A 1962 SS IMPALA GOLD ANNIVERSARY EDITION FOR SALE IT HAS A MATCHING # 327 2 SPEED POWERGLIDE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH 110,000 ORIGINAL MILES MOTOR HAS BEEN REBUILT TO FACTORY SPECS CAR IS AWESOME IF INTERESTED CALL FOR PICS AND INFO MY CELL # IS 1-727-409-0156 MY NAME IS ED MAKE ME AN OFFER REALLY NICE CAR ALL PAINT CODES AND INTERIOR CODES ARE CORRECT  

FREISTY_62. FREISTY_62.
06:34 PM

I SHOULD HAVE PUT MY EMAIL FOR THE 62 IMPALA SS ANNIVERSARY GOLD EDITION IT IS freisty@yahoo.com  

DRJ13 DRJ13
Posted: 04/13/08
07:18 AM

Ed,

I would be interested in the car.  I'm currently looking at a 409 / 4 speed.
My email is dennis.r.johnson@gmail.com

Thx  

chadg149 chadg149
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/15/08
10:35 AM

hey ,just reading the blogs i need a little help im in ny and i just got a 62 impala ss ???? ive been reading the blogs about the cowl tag i just ran into the garage to check and it shows the 927 paint code but for the trim code it is 892 ??? can anyone explain to me what i have . thanks guys im new to this so if you can e mail me a response that would be great cgolanec@aol.com not sure if im using this site correctly it says i have 11 replies but cant seem to get them if anyone can answer my questions can you just email the answer to my cgolanec@aol.com  thank you

chad  

chadg149 chadg149
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/20/08
05:28 PM

damn nobody is getting back to me ???????????  

55Guy 55Guy
Administrator | Posts: 1153 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 11/03/08
02:25 PM

Ok, so you have the gold paint code. If you check with Late Great Chevy, they can help you decipher the trim code. Suddenly my resource book for that stuff ahs vanished from my office! DOH!  

shovel_88_power shovel_88_power
I love my Chevy Chevette! | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 12/01/08
03:05 AM

hello verne,my name is gavin and i live in australia..i have 2 62 ss impala,s anniversary gold cars..both are 927/891 cars..could u please tell me where or who can tell me more about this model.mainly production numbers.interior options/colors,anything u can please...hope u can help me out .i look forward to corresponding with you..kind regards..gavin  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last